chapter 61

Eisen stepped through the door and took a closer look around. All of the equipment he could find was quite high quality, same for the materials. He couldn't really find any problems with the fabrics, leather, or metals that were displayed on the worktables. However, Eisen felt slightly unsure about a few things, so he turned around and looked at Ailren.

"First off... How did you get all of this? You yourself don't strike me to be a craftsman." Eisen said, and Ailren chuckled with a nod.

"Yes, you are right. This place once used to be the hideout of a craftsman. Only about three hundred years ago was it that I took over here, and of course expanded upon the space so that I could move without trouble. I cleaned up a little bit and prepared these materials when I figured out that you would probably come here after all."

"I see, thank you then, Ailren. And I know this might seem rude considering that you did prepare a lot of good items and materials, but would it be alright if I went back to Melroe for about a day, simply to get all that I need? I have my tools down there, and there are a few things I would like to prepare for what I'll be making." Eisen explained, and Ailren ran his fingers through his beard before nodding.

"That's fine with me. This is to test how high your abilities can reach, so it only makes sense to allow for a good base situation. I can bring you down the mountain quickly, and I hope you don't mind if I follow you around to make sure you're not slacking off." The Dragon smiled and pointed toward the exit. "Shall we go right now?"

Eisen nodded and followed Ailren outside the large treasure-filled hall, through the mist room, and then through the tunnels leading to the cave entrance. When they got outside, steam rose from Ailren's body and formed a huge sphere, which dissipated immediately and revealed Ailren's true Dragon Form.

"Climb onto my back, and make sure you hold on tightly, or else you will probably fall off." Ailren chuckled and Eisen nodded with a soft laugh from himself. He placed Caria into his backpack to make sure she wouldn't accidentally fall off during flight, and then climbed onto the Gold Dragon's back. There wasn't really a good place to hold onto, but it seemed like that didn't really matter too much and the game supported him and made sure that he wouldn't fall off. Of course that only worked with Eisen actually trying to do his best to hold on by himself.

A few seconds after Eisen got in a position where he could properly hold on, Ailren prepared to take off. The wings created a huge gust of wind that forced Eisen to close his eyes on its own, and when Ailren actually took off, the wind only became far stronger, obviously. Eisen closed his eyes tightly and gripped onto Ailren's scales as tightly as possible.

And soon enough, Eisen felt completely weightless and his body was slowly being pulled from the Dragon's back. Slowly, he tried to open his eyes and saw the ground approaching quicker and quicker, albeit through a layer of mist, which Ailren probably used to hide himself whenever he decided to fly this close to Melroe.

It was truly a beautiful sight. The sun was slowly setting, so the whole world seemed to be illuminated in a soft red light. This was something that you couldn't easily get in real life, and Eisen appreciated this fully.

But it didn't take long until Ailren reached the ground, as he was in a complete dive while flying downward.

He landed a bit outside of town in the forest so they would be hidden from the townfolk, and Eisen quickly jumped down from the Dragon's back, just before he turned into another form that was easier to walk around in: The cat form.

"Now, I hope you don't mind if I follow you like this. This way I don't need to worry about people trying to talk to me." The Dragon-Cat explained and jumped onto Eisen's shoulder after the old man got Caria out of the backpack, and placed her on his other shoulder.