chapter 51

Eisen stepped out of the Enchantment Bubble so that his Alchemy Skill wouldn't be affected, and quickly transmuted the rest of the metal rod into more caps, adding thin spiraling ridges to the caps and the two ends of the pole to make it possible for Jyuuk to simply screw different caps on and off. Eisen designated two caps to simply leave without an enchantment, so that Jyuuk wouldn't be forced to have an effect to his weapon at all times.

The next enchantment that Eisen would place on the caps was an enchantment that caused something like an explosion of flames to shoot outward around the target when the pole impaced with something. It didn't take Eisen that long to do, since he already managed to figure out how to create the impct-condition for activation with the 'Force' enchantment just now. The rest that Eisen needed to do was use the Alchemical Symbol for Fire, and imagine a simple explosion while carving the central image.

After that, Eisen chose the opposite type of enchantment, meaning one that would freeze the area on the target that was hit. Eisen carefully carved the conditions into the cap together with the alchemical symbol for water, using the image of an ice statue.

The third, and for now last, enchantment that Eisen thought of was one of the wind element. It would expell an immensely strong gust of wind on impact with the target, meant to completely push it away. The thing that Eisen imagined for the center was a strong storm with the strength of something like a tornado, definitely strong enough to push you off your feet.

After a bit, Eisen tried screwing all of them onto the pole to make sure they would fit on and the whole thing could be assembled quickly, even in the middle of combat if necessary.

He smiled softly and nodded at the finished item.

[Modular Combat Pole]

[Quality - Highest][Rank - 2]

[Description] A high-quality Steel Combat Pole created by the Craftsman Eisen. It has a mana-crystal core in order to store Mana. Due to multiple mana crystals being used for said core, 2000 MP can be stored in total. As the core is not affixed to the steel itself, it can be swapped out at a later time if necessary. Two Caps can be attached to the ends of the pole to create various effects. Which those effects are depends on the attachment.

[Effect] +5 STR, +5 AGI

[Current Attachments] Force on Impact x2

[For Creating an item of overwhelming quality, you gain +1 STR]

At last, Eisen 'popped' the Enchantment bubble and walked over to Jyuuk with a smile on his face.

"Here you go. I know it looks a little bit bare, but I'm pretty sure it should be better than what you've been using up until now."

"Oh, wow, thank you! You were able to make this really quickly!" Jyuuk exclaimed in surprise and held the metal pole in his hand, trying to swing it around a few times. "This seems perfect... The weight is good, and the length as well. I saw that you screwed these caps on just now, so what's that about?" He asked, and Eisen handed Jyuuk the other caps that he prepared.

"Let's just call them 'Effect Caps'. Basically, you can switch them out to get different effects on impact with an enemy. The one you have on right now will give your pole extra impact. These ones here cause either an explosion, freeze the enemy, or push them away with a gust of wind. And then there are two caps to just put on in case you don't want any effect for the Pole. The way it works is pretty simple, you just have to take off the cap and pour mana into the crystal until you can't anymore. In total, it can store 2000MP, so I would just add a little bit into it whenever a fight is over so that you don't pass out by trying to fill it up all at once. Just try the different caps out sometime. And don't worry, it's made so that just the end that actually impacts with the enemy shows the effect." Eisen explained and smiled as Jyuuk excitedly stuffed the Effect Caps into his pockets. He quickly screwed one of the Force Caps off the pole and placed his palm onto the enchanting at the end of the mana crystal rod, slowly filling it up with some of his mana. Not too long after that, he placed the cap back on and walked over to the nearest tree.