chapter 28

Three Men stood in a room. They looked completely identical to each other, beside a single small detail. One of those men had rosy cheeks and grey eyes, while the other two were white as snow all the way through.

It was Eisen together with both of his Doubles made of his mana. At first, Eisen thought this would be a great opportunity. Once he started hunting or large constructions, two people that felt no pain and that Eisen didn't need to exchange plans with would be an amazing resource.

But then, when Eisen actually tried controlling both of them, he failed miserably. The only thing that was possible was to have them both act in synchronicity, but having them act out two tasks independently of each other was rather hard. Only when Eisen gave them commands of repeating actions was that possible.

Otherwise, it would basically be like Eisen had to perfectly multitask, which he obviously wasn't capable of. So until he ranked his skill up again and gained some kind of new function that would make the Doubles easier to control, Eisen decided to simply keep them around and have them continue doing menial tasks, or try and have them craft small items.

For now, Eisen would unsummon them and go to bed, so that he could start his day at Everything Magic.

---

The next morning, Eisen stepped down the stairs of the Inn, his two Doubles, one of them wearing the mana suit and the other the leather armor, behind him, and sat down at a Table in the Inn. Of course, everyone was staring at the triad of Eisens, but he simply ignored it and waited for Bree. She came out of the back and greeted Eisen, as well as the double Doubles. Eisen thought it was kind of cute, considering they just stared blankly in the empty void in front of them, but he simply laughed and greeted Bree back.

After making sure that Eisen wants to eat the same thing as every morning, she hurried back toward the kitchen, and a few minutes later came back out with her new Backpack on her back and wearing her Dress.

She set the Backpack down on the ground and began to eat the same time as Eisen did. There actually was something that Eisen meant to ask for a while, and he thought now might be a good opportunity.

"So, Bree. I was wondering, but does everyone know so much about different monsters or spells?" He asked while continuing to eat.

In response, Bree shook her head and began to explain. "Most of it is common knowledge, but I know more than most others~! When I first started as a Carrier and Supporter, I thought it might be a good idea to study up on different things. I learned about most common spells, even if I never managed to use them, about what Monsters are most common in what region, and how to detect traps. Because of that I also got my occupation! I'm actually a... well... Archivist... heh..."

"Archivist? So that means you can store knowledge or something like that?"

"Kind of... By becoming an Archivist, I got some new skills. For example, Scanner. It lets me literally scan my surroundings, and saves it into Databank, another skill of mine. That lets me look at all saved information at all times~. By using Scanner, it makes it easier to find things like traps as well, so that's good, right? And I can instantly see what items we might get from monsters, and how much experience each monster gives~. But... When I use it, I can only see the outlines of things... that's why I didn't recognize you yesterday and mistook your double for you... I made it a habit to use it a lot to get used to it, to make it easier to walk around with it active." Bree explained, and surprised Eisen in the process.

He didn't mean to be insulting, he did know that Bree was smarter than she let on, but he didn't expect her to literally have a class that needs her to know stuff. But that would only be more helpful to him. As he never knew much about videogames before starting to play World of Magic, besides making an outfit, armor or weapon from games every once in a while, he thought having a literal spring of knowledge about the world he was in would be an immense help to him.