chapter 11

Just like the day before, Eisen left the smithy together with Denmir while talking about this and that.

"I'll see ya tomorrow, old-timer." The Dwarf waved at Eisen while he was walking away, back up the slope with his new items. He couldn't just leave them lying around somewhere, but it was also a hassle to carry them with him all the time. Thus, he decided on two things.

First, Eisen would create a weapon tomorrow as well as a small box for his Cooking Knife so that it wouldn't be just loosely lying in his pocket or cut up his pants' fabric.

Second, after creating the weapon he would go on to learn Tailoring and hopefully manage to create a simple bag the same day, and maybe some clothes as well. Sure, the ones he was wearing at the time fit him perfectly, but because of the fabric they were made of were pretty uncomfortable in the long run. Not to speak of the fact that he has been wearing them for about three in-game days now. And because of the game's realism, they were slowly getting dirtier and dirtier.

Whatever the case may be, for now, Eisen decided to meet with Morrom and see how he was doing, and maybe ask him where he could find Belrim to also thank him for being such a big help when he first arrived in Melroe.

Eisen made his way to Everything Magic, Morrom's Magic-related shop, and stepped through the door.

"Hey, Morrom! Are you here?" Eisen yelled when he noticed the store's front was empty and walked over to the door leading to the back. Before he could even open it, the door opened on its own and a young man with messy black hair stepped through. Morrom was wearing some kind of goggles and it and his face were covered in pitch-black soot.

"Yeah? Did something happen?" He asked, turning his head to look around, "Eh? Did I work until the middle of the night again? Why's it so dark?"

Eisen sighed out loud and looked down at Morrom. "No, Morrom, it's still day. The sun is setting, but it's still day."

"Huh? Eisen? Wait, if it's not night... did I go blind through my experiments?! Not again!"

"Morrom, your goggles are dirty. Just take them off. Also... Again?"

Completely ignoring Eisen's question, Morrom stopped moving as if petrified and his face flushed a deep red. Slowly, he raised his hands and pulled the goggles off his face, hanging them around his neck.

"S-Sorry. Well, Eisen, nice to see you again! What brings you here?" Morrom asked, slowly wiping the soot off his face.

In response, Eisen scratched his beard and smiled, "Well, there's one reason. For now, how I told you the other day, I just want to learn different crafts, but after that, I wanted to see if I could learn magic related things. You seem to be selling a lot of different items made with it, right?"

"Ah, of course! How the name of my shop implies, I'm selling pretty much every type of item that has to do with magic. I enchant items, make alchemical potions, and also try to see how I can implement direct magic into items. That's actually what I was just doing... I... kinda lost control when trying to implement the explosive qualities of a fireball into an arrowhead..."

Eisen widened his eyes in surprise, already thinking of what could be possible when combining magic with items. "Sounds interesting... If you don't mind, I would like you to show me how to do those things in a few days, maybe in a week?"

The Half-Dwarf Half-Elf simply nodded with a smile on his face, "Of course! Seems like fun finally having someone with me here! There are not that many people in this town that are interested in Magic as much as I am... Heh..." Morrom chuckled softly and scratched the back of his head, his smile widening, and then looks back up at Eisen, "But do you know how to use Mana already?"