chapter 95

The round amber colored egg in Eisen's hand continued to shake for a little longer, until a few cracks formed on its surface, spreading outward until they covered the whole thing.

Komer's eyes opened wide in surprise when he saw this happen, but leaned in closer to see what was going on. "Is it hatching right now?"

Eisen kept quiet for a bit, but nodded in response to Komer's question, only after a few seconds answering properly. "I think so, yes. At least I'm hoping that's what it is."

Immediately following this sentence, parts of the egg's shell started to fall off as a small white form pushed outside, widening the hole that it just created as it crawled onto Eisen's hand.

[Congratulations! You just tamed a Queen Bee Larva!]

[Name the Tamed Beast]

Eisen looked at the small, finger sized larva crawling over his arm, while Komer was backing away from the slimy creature that emerged from the egg just now. Eisen chuckled and smiled, trying to think of a good name. For Caria, he went with the scientific name shown in her race, 'Muscaria Amanita', as in Mus-Caria, so he may do the same thing with this small Larva as well. He wasn't entirely sure, but as far as he knew, the scientific names for bees usually had 'Apis' in them. But that just didn't sound great as a name in Eisen's opinion. So instead of using the Latin translation for Bee, maybe he should use a translation into another language? 

"Ah, I've got it! I'll call you Melissa." Eisen exclaimed the moment that he remembered what this name meant. And right now, it may be weird to call a larva with such a Human name, but it would always be possible that she would grow into a humanoid form as well, just as Caria did.

[The Tamed Beast has been called Melissa]

[Taming reached Level 100 in Rank 1, upgrading to Rank 2]

[You can now command your beasts from a distance]

[Due to Ranking-up your Taming Skill, you gained +1 INT and +1 WIS]

Eisen read through the notifications that popped up in front of him, and quickly read through the notifications. He was glad about the new function this skill just gained, as this would make it harder for him to lose sight of Caria and the newly-hatched Melissa.

He smiled as the Larve began wiggling, as if trying to show Eisen that she was happy with her new name. She crawled up Eisen's arm until she ended up at his shoulder, stopping to rest there. "Huh, is my shoulder really that comfortable? You used to like sitting there a lot as well, right?" He asked when looking at Caria, who stretched out her hand to give Eisen a thumbs-up while nodding furiously.

"Well then, I honestly didn't expect her to hatch that soon. Anyway, Bree, let's take a break for a second. Sounds like I need to refill Cabarum's tanks." Eisen exclaimed with a smile while taking the larva Melissa into his hands and setting her down on the spot that would be perfect for her to explore, the Honey-Crystal Hive standing in the corner of the carriage. Happily, she began wiggling her body again and dove straight into some of the openings all around it.

Glad that she liked it, Eisen stepped out the door of the Carriage the moment it came to a hault, bringing a canister of oil with him to feed to Cabarum, the horse automaton. Eisen turned over to the Fey-Kin who was still sitting on the bench at the front of the carriage while disconnecting Cabarum from the carriage so that he could properly relax a bit. It may sound a bit silly to have a mechanical creature relax, but since Cabarum gained quite a lot of intelligence throughout the past few days, he was acting more and more like a real horse, so Eisen felt bad to treat him like an object.

"Thanks for driving the whole day. I'll take over for the rest of the day, so you can just sit down in the back for a while." Eisen said, and Bree smiled at him while nodding.