chapter 76

Eisen squatted down onto the ground in front of the Automaton parts and continued using his Alchemy Crafting space. However, before he even started assembling the metal steed, a notification popped up that Eisen was incredibly happy, but at the same time confused with.

[Crafting Space reached Level 100 in Rank 1, upgrading to Rank 2]

[Complete control over tools within the skill area]

[Due to Ranking-up your Crafting Space Skill, you gained +1 STR and +1 END]

After reading through the skill notification, Eisen began to scratch his beard to figure out what that effect meant. What kind of control was it talking about?

Exactly while asking himself that question, the hammer lying next to him began to emit a very light pulsating glow, which only Eisen seemed to be able to see, as nobody else reacted to it. He concentrated on the hammer, and tried to control it in the only way that he could imagine could be meant, telekinetically.

The Hammer slowly began floating upward and toward Eisen's hand while he imagined holding it, and the tool positioned itself perfectly within his hand. Of course, the smiths around him were extremely surprised and confused at this, but Eisen couldn't stop grinning.

He may be able to already do this kind of thing by summoning his mana doubles, but this felt quite different. Eisen was controlling the tool itself, rather than the being holding it. It didn't seem like he would be able to build up the force actually needed smith something with the hammer like this, but at least it was quite useful to be able to nearly instantly get whatever tool he needed.

Anyway, for now, he didn't need his hammer, so he simply laid it back onto the ground before grabbing the first bones and starting to build the legs of the mechanical horse first, then the torso, and then at last the head.

Just like with Aulu, he used brass joints to make sure every part of the horse's body could move properly, and once he had all the large parts, Eisen simply attached the limbs and head to the torso.

Once that was done, Eisen got to work placing the gears and tubes inside. First, though, Eisen affixed the Heart-shaped golem core to the brass spine, then began to build the Automaton's innards up from the core.

While he was doing so, even the smiths that were working on other things before joined in and began watching Eisen closely, helping him by holding the brass horse up so that Eisen could reach every spot without worry, placing all of the mana crystal organs into the head as well. After another few hours, it was closely approaching evening and Eisen wanted to start, and maybe even finish, adding all of the muscles that he could. Considering how close he was to finishing this Automaton, Eisen really didn't want to stop until he was done, so even if it took him until the middle of the night, he wanted to complete this project.

But before he continued, Eisen turned to Bree while taking a short break. "Hey, Bree, would you mind going over to Jekyll's and grabbing me some leather? I'll give you the money, so don't worry about that."

"Mhm! Of course!" Bree said happily and took the money that Eisen handed her, then looked back up at him. "What kind of leather should I bring?"

"Anything strong, but flexible. And it should preferably include a large piece big enough to cover the whole torso."

"Okay~! I'll be back soon!" Bree exclaimed and practically sprinted out of the smithy.

"Don't let Jekyll scam you!" Eisen yelled after her, but Bree seemed to already be too far away.

So, now that that was being taken care of, Eisen walked over to the spinning wheel and the mountain of mana crystals that he grabbed out of Bree's backpack, making sure to just so slightly soften them before turning them into thread one by one.