chapter 62

After the base for the Golem Core was finished, Eisen decided to start working on the enchantments needed for it. But since he would first need to figure out how Ability Enchantment worked, and didn't want to experiment on the crystal base for the core since he might accidentally ruin it, Eisen decided to first grab a few smaller mana crystals and try some things out.

Eisen opened his Status page and looked at his different skills to see what he could use, and the first thing that he thought might be interesting was his Appraisal Skill. Maybe it was possible to create a lens that could independently scan things and show what they were.

Curious at what that might be like, Eisen decided to go for that. The easiest way for now would probably be something like a Monocle. Having that Image in mind, Eisen turned one of the mana crystals into a small and thin circular plate, which he made sure to be thin enough in the center so that he could look through it.

It wasn't perfectly clear, and the sight was still somewhat distorted, but at least it was good enough to practice with. After that, Eisen changed his crafting space from alchemy to enchanting, and began to think about the process of ability enchanting.

For that, he could either use the same type of marbles that Morrom used before when enchanting the mnaa crystals for Bree's dress, or he could try to enchant the mana crystal monocle directly. The first of those ways would make the enchantment a lot more stable and strong, and the second would simply make it easier to enchant something, but there was a higher risk of failure, and usually the enchantments were weaker this way.

That meant that the best way for Eisen to practice ability enchantment would be to use it on one of the marbles, and then transfer it over to the mana crystal monocle. This way he could practice enchanting something in this way, the marble, and at the same time learn how to transfer the enchantment from the marble to a mana crystal.

So, Eisen grabbed the bag filled with the pure white marbles and held it in his hand. According to Morrom's explanation, he had to use his mana and pour it into the marble, then try to convert it to the essence of a skill. It was supposed to be somewhat similar to infusing your mana with an element, but at the same time different.

So, Eisen did just that. He poured his mana into the marble and concentrated on his Appraisal skill. He had one image in mind, and that was the effect that his skill had. When he looked at something, he saw its information. That's all that crossed his mind at that moment, and after having a stable image, Eisen concentrated that thought into a single spot, the small marble in his hand where his mana was currently at.

When he opened his eyes again, the pure white sphere turned into a soft yellow like a lightly bleached out version of dandelion yellow.

After this was done, Eisen manipulated the now-infused mana inside the marble and tried to move it over into the mana-crystal monocle. When he did so, the marble turned into yellow particles that were absorbed by the crystal, turning it into a light yellow shade as well. Once it was done, he checked the item's status.

[Appraisal Lens]

[Quality - Perfect][Rank - 2]

[Description] A thin Mana Crystal lens that has been enchanted to show functions of the Appraisal Skill. While the Enchantment itself is of Rank 2, since the enchanter's appraisal skill was at one at the time of creation, it is only able to display information equivalent to a rank 1 Appraisal skill, but has a lower mana requirement on use.

It will not increase the Appraisal Skill's proficiency on use.

[Effect] Displays information equivalent to using a Rank 1 Appraisal skill in exchange for mana