chapter 77

Eisen stared at Denmir in confusion. How could he be one of those five? And it seemed like not only Eisen was thinking that, since also Bree was completely surprised at this idea.

"O-One of the five?! B-But, h-how could he...? How would someone even steal the experience of someone with stats as high as those of one of the five?" She muttered out, thinking back onto the time she kept watching Eisen's immense skill. The more she thought about it, the more this idea made sense.

Stealing someone's experience was such an incredibly hard process that many thought of it to be some kind of urban legend that parents used to scare their child into studying diligently and not taking things for granted. But obviously, it was a real thing, seeing how Eisen did lose his experience. So Eisen needed to be a great person to be worth getting his experience stolen. There was just one more question that needed to be asked.

"And what would you do with that much experience?" Bree asked, still trying to grasp the possibilty of Eisen really being such a legendary person.

Eisen sighed loudly and scratched his beard. "Denmir, do you really think so?"

"Aye, I do. It makes sense, right? Usually, ye wouldn't be able to do anythin' but blabber like a baby without any experience, but ye're not only talking like ye've got milennia worth of life experience, ye're also craftin' like it!" The dwarf explained, and Eisen nodded lightly. It was quite obvious that the developers meant for him and the other originals to be 'the five that peaked', so there was no reason to pretend as if it wasn't the case.

"I see, and let's say that's really true, I do wonder the same thing as Bree. What would you do with that much experience?" Eisen asked Denmir, who crossed his arms and thought for a bit, before his eyes shot open.

"Don't tell me... So that's what that was... There are rumors goin' around lately. All over the world, there are people appearin' out of nowhere. Literally, out of nowhere. Just in the middle of a smaller town, light congeals up and a person appears! They seem to know much, much more than they let on. They're supposed ta be quite harmless, most of 'em are trying to get into commerce for some reason'. These people suddenly started appearin' yesterday mornin'."

From the description of these events, Eisen knew that Denmir was talking about the appearance of other players. The timing was right, and since they were employee's of the largest investors, it made sense for them to work toward being merchants.

"And in what way do you think my experience being stolen connects to these people?" Eisen asked, and Denmir stated his theory.

"I think that someone, or something, is usin' yer experience to create new people. I know it might sound crazy, but it's the only explanation I can come up with."

"That's possible?" Eisen asked in surprise, in response to which the dwarf in front of him simply shrugged.

"Maybe. How I said, it's just a theory. Nobody really knows what experience is and what it can do. Of course there is the tangible actual experience ya gain by simply livin' and doin' things, but the experience that makes us level up is different. All we know is that it is deeply embedded in our soul and body, letting us grow in strength or speed just by levelin' up. Since it can do that and basically change what our body is like nearly instantly, why couldn't it create new people?"

Eisen nodded as he listened to Denmir, slowly building up the background story from a player's perspective.

Seeing that Eisen was simply scratching his beard and listening with his eyes closed, Denmir couldn't help but sigh loudly with a soft laugh. "I'm over 'ere tellin' ya that you're a literal legend and are close to being a god walking amongst people, and ye're just takin' this, well, like this?"