chapter 24

Jekyll led Eisen and Bree to another room in the back, filled with piles and piles of different types of leather.

"Alright, so here is where you'll be workin' for a bit. We got a big order of leather armor, some kinda rank 7 monstrosity appeared near the capital so there'll be a huge raid. What you'll be doin' now is to prepare the necessary materials. There's a bunch of templates with numbers on 'em over there, you'll cut that shape out that many times for one piece of armor. Just repeat that till you're Rank 1, should be enough for the apprentices to make a bunch of 'em. I'll pay ya as well, of course. "

[New Quest - Armor Bases]

[Description] A Monstrosity threatens to destroy the capital and they are in need of a large number of leather armors. Because of that, Jekyll Jackson asked you to use the templates to cut out pieces necessary to craft them. Make as many of them as you can.

[Reward] 20 Copper for all pieces of a single armor

[Failure] Loss in reputation with Jekyll

[Time Limit - Until your Leatherworking Skill reaches Rank 1]

Eisen read the quest description slowly and nodded. "Sounds good. Thanks, Jekyll!" He exclaimed and smiled.

"Use this leather here. It's rank 2, but ya should be able to cut it at least. And here're the templates." He explained and placed all the materials in front of Eisen, on a small table in the corner.

"I'll get to work right away!" Eisen smiled and sat down in front of the table and grabbed the first piece of leather, as well as the first template.

He placed the template onto the leather and assembled his Exacto Knife, activating A Dwarf's Hands and Tool Connection, before cutting into the leather as he slowly traced the template.

Cutting through the leather was considerably harder than Eisen expected, and he had to push into it way harder than he had expected. Sure, he was still able to cut it, but he was having problems with it. With higher strength, then maybe he would be able to...

Eisen suddenly got an idea, and activated a skill he hasn't used at all up until now. A skill with even lower proficiency than Leatherworking, a skill he literally just got a few minutes ago.

Eisen felt his body fill up with energy and veins all over his body popped out as he activated his second racial skill, A Giant's Strength. It wasn't a great difference in strength, but it was better than nothing, and Eisen could continue working with the leather a little bit easier than before.

And like that, Eisen activated both of his racial skill till they ran out, and then activated them again once their cool-down was over, giving Eisen a little bit of proficiency every time.

The materials he had to work with seemed to be two different types of leather. One of them was thin and flexible, and Eisen figured that this would be for the different joint areas to allow proper movement even when wearing the whole armor.

The other type of leather was thicker, harder, and considerably harder to work with. This would probably be the main protective surface. Just looking at the shapes and sizes of the different pieces of leather, Eisen learned a lot about what actual leather armor was supposed to look like.

Sure, he did work with leather a lot before, but that was usually for decorative purposes. Sometimes he worked on the surfaces for armchairs or couches, and other times he made horse saddles or leather jackets. And this wasn't the first time he made leather armor either, but when he made it, it was decorated with a bunch of technically unnecessary parts, and probably was also not very useful in an actual fight. After all, it was supposed to be a copy of a game character's armor.