chapter 40

"Bree, do we have everything we need?" Eisen asked while he was polishing his sword with a polishing paste he bought at Denmir's shop on their way back to the Inn. The happy Fey-Kin's eyes seemed to move around hectically for a few seconds before she nodded with a smile.

Bree explained to Eisen that part of her Database Skill was to make lists and store information about what a person possesses, which she used to make sure the both of them were perfectly prepared for Eisen's first hunting trip in this game.

She moved around a few things in the front pockets of the Backpack, since the most important useable items needed to be easily accessible at all times, which meant that the Health and Mana pills were stored in them, as well as some jerky and water flasks in case they needed to have a quick snack.

"We're all packed~! I've got our stuff in the main bag, and there's mooore than enough space for loot from monsters!" She said proudly with a smug smile as she stood there with her Backpack on her shoulders.

"Great! Thanks for your help, Bree. Should we get on our way then?" Eisen asked and stashed away the polishing paste and the cloth at the spot in Bree's Backpack where she suggested to keep them.

Bree nodded and skipped along, following Eisen out of the Inn.

The day before, Eisen just got his new Occupation and spent the rest of the day chatting away with Morrom and Bree while he kept transmuting some of his potions into pills, and Eisen and Bree began to plan for their hunting trip. He hoped to maybe find some effect of his new skill, Crafting Space, but there wasn't anything different to usual and the skill didn't gain any proficiency levels either, so he would need to experiment with it further when he had time.

According to Bree, the best spot for beginner hunters would be near the eastern tunnel, as it lead to flat terrain covered by a forest, meaning that there was a great variety of beasts and monsters inside. And while Eisen's stats were already above those that a beginner hunter might have, it was still the first time swinging his sword against a monster, so it was the best idea to start out with weak enemies that Eisen could beat easily until he got a feel for it.

Bree spent some time studying up on the types of monsters that could be found in the eastern forest and decided that the best enemy for Eisen would be a regular Rank 0 Boar for now. While it wouldn't give Eisen a lot of experience points, it definitely would be worth some actual fighting experience.Please visit f𝓇ℯℯ𝚠e𝒃𝘯𝒐νel. co𝐦

Boars were aggressive and dumb and had some natural strength and speed on their part. If Eisen managed to beat them without suffering any injuries, it would be time to move on to the first Rank 1 monsters. There was an area popular for groups of low-ranking goblin workers about an hour outside of town. They would be the best enemy for Eisen to fight against in a real first monster battle, as Goblins had rudimentary teamwork abilities and would give Eisen some experience in fighting against groups.

So now, Bree with her Backpack on her back and Eisen with his Zweihänder over his shoulder made their way to the eastern tunnel.

On his way in, Eisen didn't really observe the tunnel, since he was more excited about what was at the end of it rather than what was inside of it. Every few meters there were some glowing crystals scattered across the carved rock wall to illuminate it for people coming in and out.

There were a few people carrying axes or bows going outside, and Eisen figured that they were Lumberjacks or Hunters that were going out for their workday.

Not too long after they entered the tunnel they left it on the other side. There was a path leading down to the forest about a dozen meters below them, and the Treetops were swinging left and right in the morning wind.