chapter 70

Eisen and Bree stepped through the doors of the Adventurer's Guild and looked around. There were three counters on the wall opposite to the door, two out of which seemed to be currently closed. On the left wall was a large pinboard that was completely covered in different pieces of paper, while there was a small area to sit down on the right.

Currently, there wasn't much traffic inside of this building, and only two young men and a woman, who Eisen guessed to be new adventurers judging from their equipment, were currently standing in front of the pinboard.

At the one open counter, another young woman was seated, staring into the open space in front of her due to boredom. However, when she saw Eisen and Bree, together with seemingly two different beasts, suddenly enter, her face turned bright and happy to make a good impression on the customers.

Today, Eisen was wearing his Fine suit, as he had neither and set plans for combat nor crafting and instead wanted to finally wear his 'casual' outfit, which he didn't have the chance to really do ever since he made it. Another reason why he wore this was to hopefully make a good impression, and since it gave a bonus to his charisma, it would also help just that tiny bit more in convincing the staff to give him the information he wanted.

Eisen stepped in front of the desk with a bright smile and simply asked away. "Good morning, young miss! If possible, I would like to get your help with something." He said, and the woman with short blond hair and light skin smiled professionally while nodding her head.

"That's what we're here for, Sir. And what is it that you want us to help with?" She asked and lightly tilted her head to the side.

"Here, I found this not too long ago, and I would like to see it returned to its owner." Eisen explained and placed the small metal dogtag onto the counter.

The employee took the tag and looked at it closely, before looking at Eisen in slight surprise. "Where did you find this? There aren't many Rank 4 adventurers around Melroe!"

"It just caught my eye in the mountains outside of town. I showed it to my friend here, and she suggested to find its owner by asking about it here."

"Ah, I see. Thank you for finding this and bringing it to us then. We will see to have have it returned." The woman said and slightly nodded her head at Eisen, pulling the tag over to herself.

But before she was able to completele dismiss Eisen after this, he laid his hand onto the wooden surface to get the employee's attention.

"Excuse me, but would it be possible for us to bring it back to its owner? Me and my friend were planning to leave Melroe soon anyway to travel. Since we don't have a real destination yet, that might be a good place to start." Eisen tried to explain while keeping up mannerisms that might make it easier for the employee to be convinced with the help of his CHA stats and his Casanova title. After all, it seemed like the latter of these would also help in these situations.

After a while of simply looking at each other, the female employee simply sighed lowly. "I'm afraid that won't be possible, Sir. Since for the general transfer of information, we use a special Space-Magic enchanted item, this will be handled by simply letting other adventurer's guilds know that this has been retrieved and that it cannot be used by others in fraudulent situations. A replacement can be created if the owner of this tag requests it."

"I see... That's the case then. It's just so that this tag wasn't the only thing I found. Directly next to it was this small diary here." Eisen explained while pulling out a small leatherbound book. It was the one that he found to be in his pocket when he first found himself in the forest near Melroe. It seemed like he would have to improvise a bit. "I would like to return this to the owner as well."