chapter 47

"Ah, up already?" Eisen asked as he stepped out of his tent, while Bree was already beginning to pack things up. She turned around when she heard the old man's voice and smiled at him.

"Mhm! I don't need to sleep much, after all, ~! What about you, did you sleep well?" Bree asked with a bright smile as she began to pack her backpack again.

"Yeah, I slept amazingly, actually." Eisen smiled and helped Bree disassemble the tents. And after they were done, Eisen had another question. "So, about today, what kind of Goblins do you think we'll face?"

Bree placed her finger against her cheek and looked up a little bit as if thinking. "Hmm... We'll probably only fight against Rank 2 Goblins for now, so there isn't a huge variety of them. The most common ones are the Warriors, Rogues, Mages, and Fighters. There are still rare ones, like Goblin Bards for example, but real variety only starts at Rank 3. Let's say there's a Rank 2 Goblin Mage... it can go all kinds of directions, Pyromancy, Aquamancy, Terramancy or Aeromancy, once it hits Rank 3. But that's the last stage for most goblins, the only Rank 4 ones are Goblin Kings!"

"Oh, is that so? Rank 2 Monsters will be the limit, for now, right?" Eisen asked while starting to get things ready for breakfast, and Bree nodded in response.

"Mhm. Until you're about Level 50. Then you can start taking on Rank 3 Monsters. Rank 4 Monsters when you reach Level 100. Then Rank 5 ones when you hit about Level 150. And so on..."

"I see... So that Dungeon you talked about has Rank 3 monsters then?"

Bree tilted her head to the side and crossed her arms. "Weeell... Dungeon monsters are weird... Dungeons themselves have Ranks, so the monsters inside are always of that rank... Meaning, a Rank 3 Dungeon only has Rank 3 monsters. But that's only strength-wise. They don't actually have a rank since they are 'fake' monsters. The only thing they have is a level. For example... Erm... A Rank 3 Dungeon might have Monsters ranging from Level 50 to Level 100. It's like the strength that people have, I guess? Like, there could never be a Level 150 Monster outside, but there are Level 150 monsters is Rank 5 dungeons. Get it?"

"I think I get the gist of it, yes. Just have to see a dungeon for myself to fully get it, right?"

"Yup~!"

Eisen smiled and looked at the ingredients in front of him. If he had enough time on his hands, then he could have made some bacon. But that literally takes two days, although it's probably quicker with the help of the game system, so he couldn't do it just yet. He definitely needed to use a lot of the boar meat for the next few days, otherwise, they could never get rid of it before it went bad. Of course, Bree's spell already prolonged the time they had, but it still wasn't forever.

It wouldn't be real bacon, but Eisen still figured that he could make something like mock-bacon. So, Eisen grabbed some of the Boar belly, as well as a few different herbs and spices, together with his trusty knife.

He grabbed some of the garlic and crushed it up with the flat side of the knife, and then sliced the onions into fine, tiny pieces. Since he liked the unique flavor of that nut he used in the salad yesterday, somewhat sweet and smokey, he also crushed up some of them and made sure they turned into a fine powder. He put that mixture into a bowl and added salt, pepper, and water, as well as a bit of sugar. Usually, he would use brown sugar instead of normal white one, but he didn't see any in the general shop in Melroe, so Eisen had to make do. Once that was done, he mixed everything together finely and placed the boar belly into it to let it soak in a little bit while Eisen went looking for other parts of the breakfast.

"Hey Bree, wait here for a bit, I won't be gone for long."

"Oh, alright! Be careful!"

"Of course!" Eisen chuckled as he stepped out of the small clearing, looking up into the trees to look for bird nests. It didn't take too long for him to find one, and luckily it wasn't too far up. Since Eisen wasn't an idiot that would walk into monster-infested woods without a weapon, he had his sword over his shoulder, which he quickly used to knock the nest out of the tree, and to his delight, it was filled with half a dozen eggs, just a little bit smaller than a chicken's.