chapter 36

Eisen poured his Mana into the thick needle that seemed to be made of Mythril and pushed down onto the Mana Crystal. Immediately, without even needing to use too much pressure, a small line appeared in the crystal. Seeing how easy this would be, Eisen activated his racial skill A Dwarf's Hands and continued to work.

He first formed the small circle in its center, and then added the flame inside of it. After that, he added the six circles directly around it, with the triangles pointed outward inside of them, and then the simple circle around the whole pattern.

[You created a Simple Flame Enchantment]

[Simple Flame Enchantment]

[Quality - Average][Rank - 0]

[Description] A Simple flame enchantment that has been carved into a mana crystal. It will only expel one size of flame no matter how much mana is put into the crystal.

[Effect] Expells a small flame when in contact with pure mana

"Let me take a look at that," Morrom said and grabbed the Mana Crystal. "Well done. Good base, the surface you made was without any uneven parts. The circles are definitely lacking in some areas. You need to make sure they are as perfect as possible, or else the quality will suffer a lot. At least the flame in the center is quite good, and the triangles are alright as well. At least I'm happy that you didn't get this perfect either, otherwise, this would have made me look bad as a professional enchanter, haha.." He smiled and gave the Crystal back to Eisen, completing the quest.

[You have earned 250 Experience]

[You are now Level 10]

[Enchanting Skill Learned]

Eisen willed those notifications away and put his new stat points into his INT and WIS stats, bringing them both to 32. He was kind of annoyed, however.

Up until now, he didn't have much trouble with getting everything perfect, but for some reason, enchanting was somehow harder than he expected it to be. And that wasn't only because Eisen always somehow had trouble making perfect circles from hand, because who can actually do that, but it also seemed like Eisen was kind of looking down on the skill, simply because he didn't have much trouble until now.

The reasons he didn't manage this as well made sense, though. Eisen has been working in professions like Blacksmithing or Tailoring for the big majority of his life, so the only obstacle he had to overcome was to get used to the game system, which happened quite quickly considering the amount he has been playing.

In Alchemy, the only thing besides transmutation he did was to grind and mix things, which didn't really take much effort. And now that he thought about it, the only reason that Eisen was able to use transmutation somewhat easily was that he has been practicing his Mana Manipulation a lot, and already figured out a few important parts himself, before even trying Transmutation for the first time.

Combine that with the fact that the quality of the finished item made with transmutation was mainly based off of the base item's quality. If Eisen hadn't been able to use perfect quality potions for his pills, then maybe they would have turned out quite low-quality as well.

After thinking about this for a while, Eisen actually felt somewhat relieved that the enchantment didn't turn out perfect. Without this, he probably would have become condescending at some point, a quality which he hated about himself whenever it happened.

At least now, Eisen knew that he wasn't perfect. Sure, people called him a 'Legendary Craftsman' in the real world, but this wasn't that place. There were so many things he never heard about and never could have thought of himself. Of course, as mentioned before Eisen had experience with carving, but that didn't mean he had experience carving enchantments.