chapter 43

"Ah, good morning Jyuuk." Brak the Bear Beastperson said when he saw Jyuuk step down the stairs of his house. After the whole thing with his Lost Experience had been taken care of, Brak was nice enough to give Jyuuk a place to stay while he figured out what to do next.

First, Jyuuk learned a few skills. The first one he got was the A Beast's Nature Skill, which was unlocked immediately after Askee's sister, Eskee, tried to get Jyuuk's experience back. It was the racial skill of all Beastpeople and heightened one's natural qualities for a while, but the actual effect seemed to depend on what type of Beastperson one was. 𝘧𝑟𝙚ew𝑒𝒃n𝒐𝘷𝑒𝚕. c૦𝙢

For example, Brak's strength was increased as well as his natural senses. And whenever he activated his skill, his body became more bear-like, meaning that his fur covered more areas of his body and his face began to near the features of a bear's.

In Jyuuk's case, since he was a monkey Beastperson, his speed was increased. Since the rank of his skill wasn't high enough yet, his outer appearance didn't change yet, but he was sure it would at some point if he kept using it.

The next skill that Jyuuk learned was a relatively basic one, it seemed, Appraisal. In the beginning, it only told him pretty general information, but when it became Rank 1, it already told him things he didn't necessarily know. He would continue raising the rank of his skill to find out as much information about the animals and monsters he saw as possible. In addition to Appraisal, he also learned Botany, something like a specific skill when it came to appraising different plants.

Then, Jyuuk learned a few other general skills, like Mana Manipulation and Cooking.

And in preparation for today, the first day he wanted to leave town to go hunting, he also learned Pole Combat and trained at a dojo for about two weeks in game. Although it only took that long since Jyuuk also had to go to work for eight hours a day, and then had to take care of a lot of other things in his apartment.

"Good morning Brak." Jyuuk bowed forward and sat down on the opposite side of the table, and Brak placed a cup of tea in front of him.

"Thank you." The Monkey-man said with a smile and sipped at the cup. Brak nodded and smiled. "So, what will you be doing today? You said you wanted to get outside of town, right?"

"Yes, I want to see what kind of creatures are out there. I really can't wait." He said excitedly, but Brak only scratched the back of his head in worry.

"You sure that's a good idea? You don't even have your occupation yet, so you won't be able to get past Level 15 anyway. And your sleep problems are also pretty troubling..."

"I know, but you don't need to worry, Brak. I may sleep for a long time, but I will be back before nightfall, so it should not be a problem."

"Alright, but really make sure you're back by then. There are a lot of savage beasts out there that will not hesitate in the slightest to feast on a sleeping body. The side effects of Stolen Experience are really troubling, huh...?"

"Thank you for your worries, Brak. I really appreciate your help during the past few weeks."

"Of course. You're a good kid, and I can't just let you sleep on the streets. We don't have an Inn here, after all." Brak said with a smile and stood up, then walked over to his bedroom to get dressed for his workday.

A few minutes later, he came back out wearing his leather armor. "I've got to go for my shift. Just make sure to lock up when you go out. You remember how that works, right? Just pour your mana into the door."

"Thank you, Brak. But I think I'll come right with you!" Jyuuk said with a smile and stood up, grabbing the wooden Pole he leaned against the table as well as the small leather backpack he bought last week that was filled with food and water.