chapter 7

Eisen left the Inn and made his way down the spiraling roads of Melroe toward the production-district, where one would find the mine, smithy, tailor, and many other production-related buildings.

Since he knew most about it, Eisen decided to first go to the Smithy in order to learn blacksmithing.

After looking around for a short while, he found the place he was looking for, "Dwarf's Delight".

When he first heard about the name of the smithy, he thought Morrom, who he asked about the best place to learn Blacksmithing the night before, misunderstood him, since that store rather sounded more like a brothel than anything else.

However, when Morrom explained the reason for the shop's name, Eisen understood and actually began appreciating their sense of naming. The owner of Dwarf's Delight, Denmir Dimhide, chose the name for his shop by remembering back onto the times when the Dwarves first established themselves amongst the races of the world. Back then, the Dwarves settled down in deep mountain ranges like the Mountain range near Melroe, and due to their fundamental bodily strength, they began mining the ores that they found in said mountain ranges.

Since back then the danger of monsters was even greater than nowadays, they made weapons and armor out of the metals they managed to extract from the ores. They fine-tuned their craft to the point that any weapon made by a Dwarf was instantly worth many times a weapon of the same quality made by any other race.

Therefore, any and every Dwarf found pride in these treasures made by their people, and as such Blacksmithing became the Dwarf's Delight.

Eisen entered the shop filled to the brim with many different weapons and armors and looked for the counter among the mess.

"Ah, hello there! How can I help you, sir?" A young woman yelled out the moment she laid eyes on Eisen since before then she was sitting by the counter half-asleep from lack of customers. From the looks of it, she seemed to be a human. While the majority of people in Melroe were Dwarves, every once in a while Eisen did walk past some people of other races, like elves, humans or even the occasional beast-person.

"Hello there, young lady. Would Denmir Dimhide be available right now?" He asked with a bright, excited smile. It's been a whole two years since he last worked in a smithy, and he couldn't wait to be able to do so again.

The girl tilted her head at the request she hadn't expected but quickly nods her head. "Yeah, he's in the back. Erm, why do you want to see him?" She asked with a little bit of suspicion and curiosity while she began looking Eisen up and down.

Simply and swiftly, Eisen told her why he was there. There was no reason to unnecessarily stretch this out after all. "I'm here to learn Blacksmithing from him." He replied with a smile.

"A-Ah, of course..." She stood up from her chair and walked through the heavy back door. Immediately after she opened it up, Eisen was able to hear the sound of hammers hitting against hot metal, a sound that nearly made his heart skip a beat.

Eisen waited for a few minutes and looked at the items that were displayed all around. From what he could tell, they seemed to be pretty high quality, although lacking in some aspects. But that could just be from his perspective since he has been working in this profession for nearly all his life.

Soon enough, the door from the back swung open and a sweaty dwarf wearing a leather-apron stepped through. "Alright, what bastard thinks he can learn from me?" He exclaimed and looked around the shop until he laid his eyes on Eisen who was walking around the place to Appraise every item he could see, nearly bringing his skill-level to 100.