chapter 55

"Careful, there's a rare one behind the next corner..." Bree explained after scanning the next group of goblins that they saw in the second area of the goblin town. "It's a Tamer, apparently, and it's specialized in poisonous animals. Snakes, scorpions, and spiders. They're climbing all over it..." She said with slight disgust in her voice, while Jyuuk's interest was peaked.

"A Tamer? Interesting. But that Goblin should be hard to deal with. Except if we could kill all of the tamed monsters before him, but that could be hard." The Monkey-man said, and Eisen nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, that would make it a lot easier. They are relatively small, so they shouldn't have much health, right?" Eisen asked, and Bree nodded to say yes. "Mhm! These ones do a lot of damage, but they have neither high health or defense."

"Then maybe I could try something. I told you about my element, right? I've got an idea of what I could do with that, but it will have to be the first part of the fight. Otherwise, the monsters could jump off of him and attack us before I can do what I want to try out." Eisen explained, in response to which Bree and Jyuuk nodded, trying to help out whichever way they could.

So, Bree buffed Eisen's magic attack while he moved around the building they hid behind to a better position. Eisen pushed out his mana and spread it to a space large enough to encase the goblin whole in its mist-like state, and then infused it with his element, watching as it turned into a giant ball of the earthen-flame.

Eisen tried to change its state so that it turned into complete dirt and then loosened it up until it became more like sand since he couldn't turn it fully into dust just yet. Then, after signaling Bree and Jyuuk that he would start now, Eisen shot the sand forward as quickly as he could and stopped it right around the Goblin Tamer. It was surprised, and its monsters nearly jumped off of its body, but before then Eisen managed to change the state of his element again into its full flame state, causing it to explode outward.

Luckily, this was enough to nearly immediately kill most of the monsters that crawled all over the Goblin's body.

[Magic Spell Learned] Flame of the Earth Sand Explosion

[Add to spell library?]

"Yes, add to spell library!" Eisen muttered out while sprinting forward toward the tamer to finish it off, while Bree instantly de-buffed the group of goblins and Jyuuk's beasts hurried forward as well.

Eisen slashed his sword sideways while the Goblin Tamer tried to block his incoming attack with the wooden staff it was holding, that simply snapped in half on contact with Eisen's Zweihänder, and since the fire already damaged the Goblin as well, it was easily killed by to more slashes from Eisen sword.

So, Eisen turned around and looked at the other goblins, most of which were taken care of by the others in Eisen's party already. And as such, Eisen helped his friends out by attacking and finishing off the goblins that Jyuuk's beasts were fighting against by stabbing them in their back, allowing the beasts to support their master by fighting against the last standing goblin with him.

[You are now Level 67]

"Great!" Eisen smiled in glee when he saw that level-up message. Leveling up was incredibly easy for the first few hours that Eisen, Bre, and Jyuuk entered the second area of the Goblin-town due to the sheer level of the goblins. There was a simple reason for that:

While the goblins got stronger the closer to the castle, they also seemed to become more intelligent, and as such often times had classes like Mage or Cleric that required such intelligence. Sure, there were still a few physical combatants, but those were in the far minority of the goblin groups.

And since this meant that the Goblins didn't have great physical stats, they were easily and quickly killed even in large groups as long as the party had the proper tactic for the attack.