chapter 33

Eisen looked at Morrom with a smile while the Elf-Dwarf stepped through to the back of the shop. "Alright, we can do two things. Either, you spend the day leveling your Alchemy skill to Rank 2, and I can start teaching you how to change matter. Or, we move onto Enchanting and have you break through. My curiosity wants you to do the second one, but the choice is all yours. If you don't break through Enchanting today, then tomorrow, after all."

The old man scratched his beard and closed his eyes filled with thought. Maybe it would be a good idea to break through enchanting, finish the quest, and get that special class. For now, Eisen couldn't really think of any real reason to get an occupation, after all. He could obviously learn all the skills he needed without one, and having one might just limit him somehow.

Learning enchanting may be interesting, but it was also completely different from what he knew. Alchemy was quite different as well, from what it seemed like, but Eisen knew Herbalism, so it wasn't completely new to him.

Enchanting, on the other hand, seemed to be something that fully had to do with Magic, so Eisen had no way of learning that in the past, and it did intrigue him quite a bit.

But as of now, Eisen chose Alchemy. He knew it already, and he would rather want to get learning every base part of the Skill out of the way before doing something else.

He told Morrom so, and he nodded with a smile, although he seemed somewhat disappointed.

"Don't worry, I will try to reach Rank 2 as fast as I can so that you can teach me Enchanting tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow." Eisen laughed and followed Morrom to the workshop.

"Yeah, it's fine, don't worry. I think I know of a pretty good way to earn enough experience. Since you're still only rank 1, you can still earn experience by making things in bulk. From Rank 2 or 3 on, you can't do that anymore. You would only get a slight bit more than making a single potion, so it would be a complete waste. But for now, you could make large amounts of Low-Grade Mana and Health potions."

"I see. How many should I make, then?" Eisen asked while helping Morrom bring large quantities of Amran and Byron over to a table. The Elf-Dwarf thought about it for a bit and then responded. "The most efficient way would probably be about 20 at once. I'm guessing you need to repeat that about 20 times again, probably even more, so it's going to take a while."

"Got it. Should I use the same small mana crystals as with the others, or can I use bigger ones?"

"Ah, yeah, that would be a good idea. The small ones may be the ones I have most of, but still not enough to use on such a project. I'll bring the ones you can use, so you can go ahead and start grinding the petals down. Oh, and maybe use the Mythril Mortar and Pestle to get mana into it. Might increase the proficiency you get as well." Morrom explained as Eisen sat down at the table. The Alchemist and Enchanter brought his student large containers and a big distillation system fitting to those containers, as well as a large, red mana crystal.

Holding out that mana crystal, Morrom began to talk and Eisen took a break at preparing the dosages for the potions. "So, I think I need to explain to you how these work. As you know, there's an enchantment on them that lets it expel flames. The smaller one you've been using until now was a very simple one with not a lot of power, perfect for a small burner. But this one has a lot more power, so you need to be careful when putting mana into it. Start slowly, and just watch the size of the flame. It feels a bit awkward at first, but you should get used to it quite quickly. You're a smith as well, so I doubt I need to tell you how much flames you need to heat the mixture up properly. I'll get back to my own work, call me if you need any help or more ingredients."

Eisen nodded and smiled as he put the first dose of Amran into the Mortar, a slightly larger one than before due to the high amount of petals, and put his mana into it and the Pestle, letting it flow into the ground up red powder, which Eisen then poured into a large bowl, then grabbed some of the thumb-sized Mana Crystals from the buckets that Morrom brought over and prepared to grind them down.