chapter 84

"The true use of my magic? Huh, I see. Well, I don't mind even if I can't really use it in combat, that's not my priority after all. But I wonder... what kind of uses does it have for crafting?" Eisen thought to himself while scratching his beard with his non-transformed hand, then looked down at the piece of Iron that was lying in front of him. "It's slightly more bent than it usually should be, even if the blacksmithing skill makes it easier. Interesting!" While Eisen was thinking that, a new status message popped up.

[Do you want to add Flame of the Earth Transformation Spell to the Spell Library?]

Without even needing to think about it, Eisen chose to add it to the Spell Library. If he was able to activate this state more easily, it would no doubt be useful. But now it was time to test the effect of this tranfsormation!

The old man looked down at his hand and smiled. If the hammer that was partially coated in his element was more useful than usual, then what about other tools?

Thinking that, Eisen grabbed a small carving knife as well as a small block of wood that he wanted to casually carve on in his spare time, and then activated tool connection with the knife in his transformed hand.

The transformation immediately shifted to cover the knife's handle as well, and Eisen excitedly began to carve the small block of wood. Compared to before, it was definitely far easier for the blade to move through the soft wood, which was more than enough for Eisen to come up with a theory, or rather two different theories.

The first theory was his tools changed through the effect of the transformation. For the hammer, it would have been that it became harder, while the knife would have gotten sharper.

The second theory however was that the transformation changed the effect of his skills directly, meaning that Blacksmithing or Woodworking simply became easier. His hands definitely seemed a bit more nimble, although that shouldn't make too much of a difference when it came to simply hammering onto metal or cutting into wood.

The first option seemed to be more likely, considering that the transformation covered his tools as well. Either way, for now, Eisen knew that this would allow him to more skillfully craft things from now on. And he was quite curious about trying something else out as well. Usually, it seemed like skills in this game have a specific name depending on what area they affec, so usually Eisen would have expected the spell to be called something like 'Flame of the Earth Hand Transformation'. Although it was kind of lengthy, that was the naming scheme this game usually had.

But it wasn't there this time, and since Eisen could transform parts of his tools as well, he wondered if it was applicable to the rest of his body as well!

So, Eisen focused his mana and turned it from its raw state into a semi-solid, the same as he had for his hand just now, and filled his whole body out with it. He then slowly let the element from the center of his heart spread outward to mix with his mana.

Soon enough, Eisen noticed the change in his body. It started at his torso, and spreading outward his skin turned into the state that only his hand was in until now. That state that was neither flames nor dirt, but somehow both at the same time.

"So it does work, huh?" Eisen exclaimed and looked down at his body, moving his fingers across his body to feel its changes and to confirm that every part of it truly turned into that different state.

"Truly interesting! I wonder if this will change how I can move my body overall, then!" Eisen muttered to himself, turning and twisting his body to get a better look at himself. He moved his arms around, and saw that he actually had a little bit better flexibility overall.

Now there was something else that Eisen wanted to try. Slowly, Eisen concentrated on his body and decided to change the state of his element toward the earth side. As he did, the lightly glowing cracks all over his body disappeared, and his skin became more solid.