chapter 73

Eisen looked around the different requests on the pinboard that seemed to be roughly sorted by professions and ranks, which once more seemed like a big difference to the Adventurer's Guild, that simply seemed to post whatever request at a place with free space.

It would probably be a good idea to choose a request that was quickly completed and would fit together with his goals for the near future. So, Eisen mentally went over those goals once more.

A part of what he had been planning for a while now was to start making a few shoes or boots for him, Bree, and of course Caria. But since this could be done in a small space, this should probably wait for after Eisen made the most important part of his plans: The Carriage. For that, he would also need some kind of animal to draw it. He was thinking whether or not to make more Automatons like Aulu for that, but since it already took quite a while for a wolf, it would take quite a lot longer for a larger animal like a Horse.

On the other hand, it would definitely come in handy. After all, if they had something that didn't have to rest that was drawing the carriage, that would be an immense help in saving time. There might also be the possibility that, and Eisen couldn't say this for sure, that an Automaton would be stronger and possibly faster than a regular horse, so that was also a plus point.

He would also need to prepare quite a large amount of supplies for traveling, and things like dried meats or fruits would be perfect for that, and he might need some more potions as well, which worked perfectly with one of the requests that Eisen found hanging on the wall. He reached up and pulled the piece of paper off the pinboard before handing it over to the Dwarf standing next to him together with his new Crafter's Guild Tag.

"Alright, Sir, I will process this for you right away." The Dwarven Guild Employee said with a smile, quickly rushing behind the wall of counters. It only took another minute until he returned once again.

"Here you go, Sir." The dwarf said with a smile.

[You accepted the Crafter's Guild's "Low-Grade Health Potion" request]

"Thank you for joining our Guild." The Dwarf said with a smile after giving Eisen the request sheet and identification tag back. And just like that, Eisen joined his second guild.

But just before he wanted to go toward the third guild that interested him, Bree stopped him. "Eisen, I don't think we need to go to the Merchant's Guild."

With surprise openly written on his face, Eisen turned to her with an asking smile while scratching his beard. "What do you mean? Why not?"

"You see, there are a few different guild types. The ones that these international guilds are usually classified as are either Active or Passive Guilds. Active Guilds are for example the Adventurer's or Crafter's Guilds, since you need to actively get requests and fulfill them to rank up there, but the merchant's guild is a passive guild. That means that every trade you make is automatically registered through your guild tag, although I don't know how they do that, and over time you will be able to rank up." She carefully explained, not resolving Eisen's confusion, although it was quite useful information.

Either way, he would trust in Bree's decision, and as such decided to make his way down the slope they were currently on, and while they started to walk asked his next question. "And why shouldn't we go the Merchant's Guild then? Can't we sign up like usual?"

With a smile, Bree nodded and held her hands behind her back while skipping next to Eisen, which seemed quite unreal considering the giant backpack she wore. She really had monstrous strength for such a small girl.

"Mhm! The Merchant's Guild requires you to either have a small reputation in independently selling items of a certain quality, or to have finished an apprenticeship with a merchant already part of the guild, as far as I know. There may be other ways to join, but I'm not really aware of those then." Bree swiftly told Eisen, who nodded in response.