chapter 71

The Guild Employee looked at the piece of paper on which she copied Eisen's status information and then walked up to a man that was standing by some of the weapons that were inside of the room. He was built quite tall and had bright red hair, the type that you could usually only have if you dyed it. The man was currently tending to the weapons, polishing them and making sure they were in good condition.

He turned around when the employee began to talk. "Hey, you need to actually work for once. I want you to test this guy. Here are his stats." She told him. The smile that she showed to Eisen was immediately gone, as if talking to this man was a complete drag.

"Tsk, sure. Let's see... Oh, what a surprise! His level is quite high. And he's just starting out as an adventurer now?" The man asked in surprise, and then looked over to the old man, little girl, golden wolf and mushroom standing by the entrance to the hall. "Ah... it's just an old man... wait, but why are his skills so low then? And his stats are a bit high, aren't they? Not to mention that he even has the Charisma stat." He then muttered out, alternating between looking at Eisen and the piece of paper in his hands.

The employee frowned in confusion and leaned over to take a closer look again, and after a few seconds of mental calculation, she nodded her head slightly. "Yeah... With that level and the bonus stats from ranking up your skills, they shouldn't be this high... Wait, is it that? Isn't limitbreaker something amazing?"

"I'm pretty sure it is. There are a few people with that title here in town. I heard that it can give you bonus stats as well..."

"Is that so..? Well, anyway, get to work you lazy bum." The employee said and grabbed the piece of paper out of the man's hands again.

"Then get out and let me, will you?" He responded with an annoyed voice, but the employee crossed her arms.

"You know that I have to stay here and watch, so just do it."

"Fine... But keep quiet for five minutes, will you?" The man nearly yelled and the employee returned in front of Eisen with a bright smile.

"Everything's ready. Now please, if you don't have any weapon with you, take one of ours." The employee explained, "Since there is quite a level difference between you and that guy, he will only fight with a wooden training weapon so that he can't fatally injure you or destroy your equipment."

Eisen nodded with a light smile and turned to Bree, who already grabbed the cloth-wrapped Zweihänder that was sticking out of the top of her backpack.

"Thanks. Now then, I hope this won't take too long." Eisen said with a smile and stepped forward while unrwapping his sword. He knew that it would probably be best to change into his leather armor, but this was simply a test so that the guild would have a general idea, and since the man wouldn't be able to cut Eisen's suit apart with a wooden sword, there wouldn't be any damage to it either. Besides, he wanted to go to other guilds later that seemed more business-minded just judging from their names, so he had to make a good impression, so wearing a suit would be the best choice there too, meaning that Eisen would need to change back into it again anyway.

He stepped forward and held the sword tightly in both of his hands.

The man that Eisen would now be fighting looked at him with eager eyes, grasping his own sword.

"Come at me whenever you want!" He exclaimed, and Eisen began to chuckle in response.

"Here I come then." Eisen said and jumped forward, slashing his sword down at the man. Instead of jumping to the side as Eisen would have expected, the man simply blocked the attack, which was quite a surprise considering that he did so with a thin wooden blade.