chapter 90

Eisen held the bow he made within the last 30 minutes in front of himself and toward Komer, who was speechlessly looking at the Old man that managed to create such an amazing bow in such a short amount of time. "Stop scamming people, Komer. Sell things like these, and you may actually be able to get away with a good conscience."

The small crowd that formed around them began talking amongst themselves. Some of them were talking about Komer's small street shop, although the majority was rather mentioning how amazing Eisen's skill was.

Embarrassed at this, Komer gulped loudly and tried hiding his face as he began to blush softly. "Erm... I'm sorry, Eisen. I... I didn't think you were actually skilled like this. I think I should go..." Komer squatted back down onto the ground and began packing up all of the items he had on his blanket.

"Komer, do you stay at an Inn? Let's talk there." Eisen suggested, and Komer quietly nodded.

So, Eisen, Bree, Caria and Komer quietly made their way toward the Inn that Komer was staying at. After Eisen payed for a room with multiple beds for his party to sleep in, where they then decided to talk.

When they were inside, Eisen sat down on the bed and looked at the young, red haired man. "Bree, could you take Caria for a bit and just go on a walk? I think it's time for a one-on-one talk with Komer."

"Huh? Sure... Then we'll be back in about 30 minutes?" Bree asked and tilted her head before walking up to Caria and taking her hand.

"Sounds good, thank you, Bree. And sorry for being so demanding today." With a smile, Eisen watched as Bree and Caria left the room, and then turned to Komer who sat down on the bed directly next to Eisen's.

"So. Why are you doing this, Komer? I noticed right away that you wanted to trick me, but when it ended up going far worse than I thought, I couldn't hold back. What you tried selling to me was basically useless, as if you found it in the garbage." Quite harshly and without holding anything back, Eisen looked Komer deep into his eyes. From his reaction immediately after being called out in front of the Merchant's Guild, Eisen could feel that Komer wasn't a bad kid deep down.

And so, Komer began to explain.

He was the son of the CEO of one of the largest tech companies in the world, which was the biggest investor to Prime Industries during the creation of 'World of Magic' as well, which meant that they got the largest amount of spots for players amongst the investors. It seemed like Komer's father had a slightly twisted sense of humor, so he made Komer and his two brothers compete for the spot of who could take over the company once he retired. The three of them were chosen as players, and each of them had to build up their own merchant company. The one that would become most successful within one year, would be allowed to inherit the business.

Komer was the youngest out of his brothers, and the only one that didn't yet finish his college education, and he always had a thing for tricking people into doing what he wanted. So, since he couldn't rely on business experience like his brothers, he did what he could best. Trick people into doing what he wanted.

And that slowly spiraled into basically becoming a scammer, especially once he gained the Charisma stat through continuosly convincing others of his opinion.

"So that's why, huh? Alright, let me help you. First off, what's your current goal?" Eisen asked, and Komer opened his eyes wide in surprise.

"You want to help me? Thank you, Eisen... Erm, my plan was to get funds here in town by selling items, and then buying a carriage, to transport items from one town to another, and re-sell everything there. There's not much else I can do at this point." Komer sighed out while fiddling with his fingers, looking down at the ground.