chapter 49

Eisen immediately loosened up his stance and swung his Zweihänder over his shoulder, signaling Bree that everything is alright.

"Well if it isn't Jyuuk! How are you?" He asked and got closer to the Monkey Beastperson in front of him with a big smile. The beasts by Jyuuk's side began to growl louder the closer he got, but quieted down when their master told them to.

"Nice to see you again, Mister Eisen. What a coincidence that we meet here." He chuckled lowly and bowed forward as a greeting.

Respecting his wishes on how to interact, Eisen bowed back. "No need for the 'Mister', Jyuuk! Just call me Eisen!" He smiled and Jyuuk nodded lightly in response.

"Alright, thank you. What are you doing here in this area?" He asked, and Eisen frowned with a wry smile.

"Well, you know that this is near the Dwarven Country, right?"

"Huh? N-No, I did not know that... But it makes sense, considering the mountain ranges unfolding around here.

"So you've been traveling already, I see. Ah, sorry to be so rude! This is Bree, my companion. She helps me out a lot." Eisen chuckled, and Bree stepped forward and bowed down in a similar fashion as she saw Eisen and Jyuuk do.

"Nice to meet you!" She said nervously and then looked up at Eisen again. "How do you two know each other? I thought you lost your memories, Eisen." Bree asked with her head tilted to the side just slightly and an intense stare of curiosity directed at the old man.

Eisen smiled wryly and Jyuuk looked at him in panic. That was true! They were both not supposed to be able to know of each other, so how did they? When Eisen and Jyuuk were trying to figure out what to say, it seemed like both of them got a notification coming from another friend, albeit with slightly different content to each other.

[Hello Eisen~! I noticed that you met up with another Original! Since you need a way to explain your relationship, you can tell people (try to keep it to a minimum) about a white space where you two and three others found themselves with your memories lost and then were transported to the locations where you woke up! Don't mention me, though, as it might cause a few problems if you're talking to the wrong person.

In addition to that, you now unlocked more functions of the game, which can only be used in correlation with other players:

-Friend List

-Private Chat

P.S: Papa Samuel told me to say Hi! Oh, and have fun~!!!]

This notification helped both of them relax, and Eisen decided to simply tell Bree the story about that white space.

"Wooah! Really? Then you also lost your experience, Jyuuk?" Bree asked with her eyes wide open, and the Monkey-man nodded in response.

"Yes, that is so. And as Eisen mentioned, we were in that space with three others. If both of us lost our experience, they probably did as well." Jyuuk explained, and Bree looked at them with a sad frown. To just move on to the next topic, Eisen smiled and looked at Jyuuk.

"And what about these guys? Are they your companions?" He asked and motioned toward the beasts standing by Jyuuk's side. The Monkey-Man nodded with a soft smirk and moved his hand through the fur on his bear's head while the light blue bird jumped from the nest onto Jyuuk's shoulder. "Yes, they are. My occupation became 'Beast Master', it's a Tamer occupation. These kids here are the beasts that I tamed. This Eagle is called Aotori, and that Stag is Tsurishika. Inside that nest are the five of Aotori's chicks, the four blue ones are Mizutori, Nagaretori, Rekutori, and Iketori, and the red one is-"