chapter 72

Eisen grabbed the tag off of the table and was immediately met with a new notification.

[You have unlocked the Guild Function, which allows you to access different information in connection to your joined Guilds]

[You have joined the System Guild "Adventurer's Guild"]

After reading through these notification, Eisen smiled and waved them away. Having this kind of function would hopefully be quite useful. Although Eisen wondered about the term 'System Guild'. Were there other types of guilds than these? Maybe he should ask about that later, but for now it was time to finish the business with taking his first request.

Eisen stood in front of the Adventurer Guild's pinboard that was covered in a number of different task requests. Most of them were simple requests for gathering different plants, materials or ingredients, while there were also a few requests asking for someone to kill beasts that were roaming around immediately around Melroe.

There was a small number at the bottom of each piece of paper indicating what rank they were meant for. The majority of the requests were meant for Rank 1 and 2, while there were only a handful of Rank 3 requests which seemed to be hanging there for a while already.

It didn't seem like there was much foot traffic in here, so it made sense to Eisen that most of the requests on this board were still here.

While Eisen was looking around, Jaz the Guild Employee gave him another short explanation. "You are allowed to take requests that are up to one rank away from your own. Meaning that, for example, as a Rank 3 Adventurer you can take up requests of Rank 2, 3 and 4. For every request you complete, you will get 'Points', basically the same as experience, and once you get enough points, you are allowed to Rank up. How much points you get depends on the request itself, and on top of that, you will gain half the points for completing a quest under your rank, the regular amount for completing a quest of your rank, and twice the points for completing a quest above your rank."

"I see, thank you. I guess the only request I can accept for now is a gathering request, huh? Then... I'll take that Amran one." Eisen said and reached down to the bottom of the pinboard to pull off the request he wanted to take. The reason why he chose this one was quite simple. It couldn't hurt to know in what kind of surroundings the health-potion flower Amran grew and what it looked like in the wild so that he would be able to spot it more easily while traveling around, so it would

"This one it is! I will process it immediately! The way that this works is to simply hand over your Identification Tag together with the request, and the information will be transferred to our information center in connection with your mana signature, and can as such be accessed by any adventurer's guild branch. Afterward, you will get the tag back and simply have to hand it back in with the proof of completion. In the case of simply gathering amran, it's handing in the requested amount." Jaz explained and went through the first part of the process she just described. It only took about a minute before she already handed Eisen the request paper and identification tag once more.

[You accepted the Adventurer's Guild's "Amran Gathering" request]

"I see, thank you for telling me that. I will complete this request soon, then." Eisen said with a smile, before turning around to leave the guild.

"Thank you, Sir! Come back soon!" Jaz yelled after him while Eisen and Bree left the building with their non-person companions.

The Fey-kin Bree turned to Eisen with a grin. "This is the first time I've seen a Guild Master conduct the entrance test... So cool! What do you want to do now?" She asked happily. Eisen didn't know why she was even more excited than usual, but maybe it had to do with him not being there over the past few days, and she was just happy to see him again.