chapter 88

It was the next morning, before Eisen and Bree would start driving the carriage again further toward that farming village that Bree mentioned. By the end of yesterday, Eisen even managed to rank up his Riding & Driving Skill, which gave him a slightly higher amount of control over the carriage, which wasn't really shown all that much considering the quality of the carriage. It would have been more useful if they were driving a carriage that was hard to control in the first place.

Today, Eisen and Bree would probably reach that village by evening considering the speed they were travelling at. Some might see this as kind of boring, but to Eisen, this just gave him more time to work. And what he wanted to work on was a small dress for Caria! Now that she actually started roughly looking like a young girl, it was kind of weird to have her walk around basically naked.

But before then, Eisen and Bree sat down together and ate some breakfast. It wasn't anything special, just a little bit of the dried fruit and meats while the two of them talked to each other. But they didn't need anything special to eat, as long as they got enough nutrition to start out the day properly.

After breakfast, Bree started driving the carriage again while Eisen checked up on some things, mainly just to see if the mead was fermenting yet. Usually, it would take about 24 hours for the fermentation process to start, but Eisen didn't know if this was sped up or not. But sadly, Eisen didn't notice anything that might be a sign that the fermentation started yet.

So, Eisen grabbed some of the thin red fabrics that he bought, before laying it down on the side of his worktable to start working on Caria's dress instead. First, Eisen made a quick sketch on some paper of what it should look like. The main thing that Eisen could think of was something roughly similar to Bree's, although with a few slight differences. For example, the shoulder straps were thicker and a direct part of the chest-part, instead of being simply sewn on, and the bottom for the dress was slightly more 'puffy' and in a stronger cone-shape than Bree's.

Of course, Eisen was also only using regular fabrics for Caria's dress instead of magic fabrics. Depending on the way she grew up and her looks changed, he may have to make another dress anyway. After all, if she ended up looking like a teenager or grown woman, it wouldn't look great if she was still wearing a child's summer dress.

Now, Eisen actually got to work. He cut out the three pieces that he needed, the front of the chest, the back of the chest, and the bottom of the dress that would cover the rest of Caria's body. The next step was quite simple, as Eisen only needed to connect the two parts for the chest with a regular backstitch, and then got to the bottom of the dress.

Eisen managed to figure out a quite simple way of creating that cone-shape that he wanted the dress to have, instead of the fabrics simply hanging downward. What Eisen did was to, using transmutation, harden the string a slight bit until it was something like a rather thin cable rather than string, keeping his mana as much around the string as possible, and then carefully moved it inbetween the layers of thread that made up the fabric.

This quite easily allowed Eisen to basically shape the dress in any way that he wanted to, as long as he added enough of these hardened strings. And now, Eisen simply sewed the bottom of the dress together at each end, and then sewed its top to the bottom of the chest-part.

"Done!" Eisen exclaimed when looking at the small dress laying on the table, before he opened up its information.

[Red Summer Dress]

[Quality - Perfect][Rank - 3]

[Description] A simple, but high quality, red summer dress made by the Omni Craftsmaster Eisen.

[Effect] +5 END, +5 AGI

Eisen smiled at the result, and was happy that it would even give Caria a few small stat bonuses. And he may have broken through Tailoring with this piece again, but since he couldn't get any bonus stats through it anymore, it didn't show him the familiar notification about overwhelming quality items.