03. Gajra

ZEHRA

"Then why did you bring me here?"  I asked him, instantly regretting asking that question, I was nailed at my position as I couldn't move, just staring at his blank back. Waiting for him to say something.

He did not say anything and he just walked back inside the television room. I walked by the door, watching him and his brother talk aloud,

"How long are you going to be the dog of those Agnivanshi? Join me! Be your boss." His brother Dev provoked him. He looked at his brother with no emotions on his plain, blank face.

He uttered, "If I too will let go, who will send money to our mother and sister?" He said, he is a family person, he has a sister, is that why he chose not to hurt me? Whatever the reason is, I am glad he is not like those beasts. Those monsters slowly break your bones and your souls and make you hate yourself.

"Why are you sending money to them? It's not like they are of any use to them! Dad burns all your hard-earned money in gambling!" Dev informed Daiwik stood as he started to unbutton his shirt throwing it on the couch's backrest, "If they are getting even the 2 percent of that twenty lakh, it's fine." he said as he was about to sit down, but he suddenly twisted to look over the door, I hide,

But when I overlooked again, he picked out a sando-shirt and wore it as he sat back down on the couch.

"I am sure that man is not even giving the two percent. Divya has her college admissions, they told." Dev said as he nodded, pushing buttons on the television remote.

"I sent money to Mom for that." He said, as suddenly I heard ruffling and Dev was standing beside me.

"Eavesdropping on us? Mute!" he said loudly, I shook my head, as I stepped behind.

"I came to ask-" I was blanked, what did I come to ask? Dev raised his brow.

"What? Mute?" he smiled,

"Devakshaya," I heard his Daiwik warn him from inside, as Dev distracted and I instantly ran inside the room shutting my door, breathing heavily.

I walked back inside and looked at the bag of clothes. I picked out the dress, it was so heavy and so expensive. I didn't even wear dresses this expensive at weddings. It had so beautiful. Aamira Aapi was very kind and nice. She was the first person to stand against Rafan for me.

I kept all the expensive and heavy dresses aside as I tried to pick out more simple ones, ones that I can wear regularly.

I don't know what his motives are for me. He said he will not rape me, and he don't want me to be his maid. Then what does he want from me?

I coiled in the bed that had its white curtains hanging, putting the blanket over the top. My eyes shut off.

~

I didn't realize how much I slept but when my eyes opened, and I walked out of the room, Daiwik was already gone. I wondered if he came to the door again and told me he was leaving or not.