50. Antim

DAIWIK

I walked back and forth in front of the arc, I don't know how many days it had been since I had been living like a homeless at the side of the road, with barely any food brought to me by this man whose wife packed an extra lunch box for me every day.

I had my phone in my hand, and I looked at Zehra's name at the top, with the sign of calling... Written, the sound of a call ringing audible to my ears, my patience and my soul were all focused on that calling sign.

A sudden switch of the blue font and the calling...changed into a sign of 00:01 and the number started increasing. She picked up?

I brought the phone to my ear, my heart ringing in my ears and she felt inaudible before the shambles of my chest. But the voice that followed the other side of the line...it was not Zehra.
It was her heavy breathing,

"Zehra?" I called her but it was not normal breathing, one that could have come from picking up the call. It was strange, a heavy panting of fear. I tried to think straight, I looked at the arc and my first thought was to cross it but soon a male voice followed the call.

"Oh, so you are here. You did manage to free yourself from that chandravani haveli! The rumours weren't a lie. The MMS queen was here."

I clutched my hand tightly on the phone, I was ready to enter that man. I was ready to peel his skin off him and then feed him.

How dare he talk with Zehra like that?

I tried to walk past the arc, but the flashes of my past hit me like a bus, and I ended up falling on the wall of the arc.
"Good. Good. Good wife."

Wife? I heard the name on the call, and my mind halted for the next few seconds. Her first husband was dead? Her second husband who sold her was here? That bastard. A smile pulled on my life, he came to mark his death day. Which is not today. I am going to torture him, for at least a month. Until he bleeds in Zehra's feet and begs her for mercy. I turned to step inside.

The pain my bones felt when I tried, too. The speaker rang with Zehra's cry, A help she begged.

Zehra...there. I will be there.
I kept my foot inside Vandigana after almost a year and instantly felt forward on the floor.

Closed my eyes, shaking my head. My breath was heavy, but it was rage. Pure rage. I forced myself on my feet, where can Zehra be? Where could she be? Where could she be?

I thought while I ran in the direction of her house. I was back in the town of my misery, but my happiness was here.
And I am going to protect her this time at any cost. I am not going to be late again. It took me barely any minute when I entered the street of her house, and my eyes halted on the phone and fell on the ground, face up. And my name showing, with the call time still running.

But the ground had the pathway of drag made, I didn't even wait for a second and I was already walking towards where the black fort used to be. That is the only place in this turn where she would be.

Were there pulses to rip that man with my own hands, right now? But not an easy death. No one will be granted easy death after they hurt Zehra. And this man sold her to devils that became her demons. And I know how it feels to live with demons.

Not anymore. It wouldn't be about surviving with lies and the past anymore. It will be us, and I will save her. It took me a few strolls and I was there, inside the fort, my eyes halted on Zehra on the floor and that man on top of her. In one quick stride, I reached him held the back of his collar and threw him on the floor.

"For the first time. You needed me, and I am here. I am here for my Zehra,"
I don't know how these words released me, because my rage was on my nose, I was ready to rip the man before me.