25. Undekha

DAIWIK

She was there next to me, wearing that thin kurti, sitting with her phone on her lap, as she watched the television, folding her legs on the couch, her feet directed towards me.

"Are you mad?" She asked me, cautiously, I shook my head. She gave a slight jerk of her head. She then turned towards me, completely crossing her legs, "Tell me about your work. Things you have done. Things you are doing, more of your life?" She asked so curiously.

Just to ignore her display, I just stare at the television. Her curiosity has been high lately, and she wants to know everything about me. And I am open to doing it only if she is not so open right now.

My eyes fixated on the screen I replied, "There is not much! We are in talks about extending out boundaries of the new lands in Jodhgarh and the outer region of Rajasthan for extending the business!" I said, interested to tell her but my act seemed like I was getting irritated by her questions.

"Oh, Jodhgarh is where Sarisha lives right?" She asked me if she and her new friends are getting along too well. Should I be considering it problematic? I am not sure.

With the growing business with Rajputs, I don't think it should be a hindrance in their friendship if ever war breaks out.

I talked to myself, "Yes," I replied in a monosyllable.

"You said, you meet the Bakshi girl two weeks ago? Was it for"

"It was for business purposes She wants to buy Chandravani Haveli, and Sahiba has the name and the property in her possession," I told her before she builds ideas of me with that treacherous woman.

"I see," She sat straight again, probably tired of my minimal attention, her head sinking into her phone. "What about dinner? What do you want to have?" She asked scrolling through her phone.

I turned my head finally, the sheer material pointing to her nipples, I closed my eyes, facing ahead again.

I wanted to tell her, she doesn't need to cook but I wanted her out of the room. My blood was running deep in with  her sight of a nipple bump is not helping my situation.

"Anything! Cook anything!" I told her, and she smiled. "By the way, we need groceries. I am waiting when Divya comes she can make the list?" She told me, and I shrugged.

"Okay, just give the list to Dev! He will bring it, I might have to leave to go to the outskirts of Rajasthan for two days." I said. Her head shot towards me.

"You are leaving?" Those curious dark brown eyes rested with a glimpse of surprise, and displeasure. I met her eyes, "Yes, next week! Not now." I informed her, she sighed, closing her mouth.

Like she was relieved, why did she get distressed?

She stood on her foot, leaving outside.

She is doing something. I don't understand what it is, but she is intentionally throwing herself at me. And I refuse to believe it is because I asked her to accept me.

It's not because I begged her to love me.

~

She was done with food, and she started setting the table for me and herself, I helped her with glass and water, and plates as she served me and then herself.

I sat back, eating the first meal of the day. When I said I ate with Abhiraj earlier when she was eating non-veg wasn't true.

She finished, followed by me as she started to dismiss in the kitchen once again, silence all around us.

When she was done cleaning the kitchen, I sat, booking rooms online for next week. She appeared back in the television room. But rather than sitting she stood in front of me.