06. Aashna

PRESENT -:-

PRESENT -:-

ZEHRA

He sat right before me, covered in blood as I felt the filth of the crudeness of this person. In the past two days, I was blinded by how he was calm, how he was nice, and how he was so down to earth.

But today? Whatever it was, it was too much, too much cruelty, too much brutality, and ruthlessness.

I never wanted to see this, I blamed him, but never to be avenged. Never to make this man any less than what he was.

Maybe tonight it was not just me who was torn apart by her inner spirit, it was him too, or maybe he has never been like this.

"I am sorry."

Am I to take an apology I should be returning? Because I am sorry.

Because I should be the one begging him for forgiveness for making him this beast this ruthless creature. 

But I was terrified of this man. And none of this wise thought clouded or crossed by me. Because inside my core,  my gut was twisting, and my heart was restless as it thumped in my chest, scared, tears vigorously sliding down.

"I am sorry that I couldn't protect you. I am sorry I wasn't here. I am so sorry Zehra," he further said.

Zehra? I never told him my name.

I was just lost in my wide world of mind when a siren played in the background. Soon enough the police walked inside, I stood tall, wondering if they will take him away.

No...not him...please!

I don't know why, my heart spoke this, but he is a killer, a beast who just killed another beast.

I was left, standing there, when the woman next to me helped me, stand. I watched the police taking him away, but not once he took his eyes away from me. The lady constable came towards us, but this huge man came up front,

My eyes, still at Daiwik being taken away.

I don't know how long it took for everyone to disappear. Everything disappeared, but I was by now numb in this position at the door.

All I had was the woman next to me named Taara, I came to know, and the man upfront, Abhiraj.

"Listen, don't worry, that man will never come after you again. He died today. Everything is forever gone." She said to me, I wiped my tears and I turned to her, "And if you want, we can even make Daiwik never appear in your life if that is what you want?" she caught my attention, and I turned to instantly,

"Can you get him out?" I asked her, she looked up at the man, and back at me, nodding,

"If you want that? We can help you however you want." She asked me, as I blinked,

I can ask them to just sent me back home. I want to go back home. No doubt. I do...but why can't I say it? What is stopping me?

The bottle of rose crippled in my eyes, the gajra played in my head. The biggest question is left playing in my mind. If I go now, will I miss the chance to meet a man I have been wanting to meet for the last five years?