12. Mehfooz

ZEHRA

ZEHRA

I heard her, my eyes widen, my mind blank, I couldn't believe for the starting minute. Why would he attack him? The books that I had close to my chest just fell off, holding on my ghagra, I ran along with her to the market.

Why would he hurt him? Did he found the letters? I was left to wonder, and when I entered the market, the great concrete arc made with the name of market on the top of the board, I saw a circle of people,

When I pushed the first man aside, his eyes lingered upon me and instantly moved ahead with a gasp, same happened along the path as they kelt sliding aside and a way was formed, walking into the centre.

I found a guy curled on the ground, while Murshad and his friends, the man he brought to marry me off and the others I was unknown of, more then fifteen man hitting that man-like guy on the ground.

His shirt ripped off a little, and a Hindu god's tattoo on below his neck only thing visible. While he looked unconscious.

When most of the man stopped, Murshad kept kicking him, with...the letters in his hands, and on the ground.

I was left without words, but watching him hurt like this I ran towards them and I fell on my knees, around him, and covering him. But Murshad did not stop. Everyone else did, but he did not, he kept hitting him.

"You motherfucker!" He yelled out, but then Abid came and shrunk as he tried to pull me apart,

"You are getting hurt! Zehra! Get off him!" He asked me, but why only him? I am into this too. I felt gajra boy moving under me, as I instantly sat up,

Trying to look at his face, but Murshad caught my hair and pulled me up, "Saara fasad ki jad ye hai!" I heard a man saying from the other side, Murshad slapped me with his other hand.

As he started to drag me away, from the market, pushing me in a jeep, he sat and his man did while he started to drive away from the market.

The jeep roared, when it was parked outside the house.

PRESENT -:-

I stepped outside of the kitchen when I heard the car, and found him getting off his car. He had no work, yet he went out in the afternoon and is coming back just now.

He spotted me standing outside the kitchen from the threshold itself, his eyes staring at mine for the brief second. He went over to the tap and started washing his feet and hand, then his face.

Dev entering approaching me, "Hello! Sister-in-law?" he said with a smirk and went to the window. It took him hardly thirty seconds after he heard about me that day. It's like he is never serious.

When Daiwik was done with the washing, he walked towards me, my eyes fluttering as I found his mother staring at us from the television room.

He picked up my duppatta's hem hanging on my shoulders as he rubbed his wet face on it.