43. Haadsa

ZEHRA

“You think the world did wrong to you? Zehra, I did wrong to you. I started everything.” His world crashed into the walls of my ears and a new wave of tears won my eyes over.

His words were circled off to dead ends, where I wouldn't understand what he indeed spoke of. I can feel him using his words for the trick to shove me.

And I am left to question myself, is this truly us? Or the words that he uttered making my visions blurry with the new sight of who he was.

I stared at his blank eyes, the pain that showcased on his face, felt like a well in my chest, and for that I love him. But his words rose anger in me, a new set of waves.

A new set of disruptions.

I was a fool to think that I could have good things, I was made to trust this earlier and the consequences I harboured for them. And yet once again, I am wounded up to a similar end.

I wanted to hear further, "What did you start, Daiwik?"

The tears streamed down my face, and my chest was thumping the insensible wait was killing me, it was not just a mere curiosity. It was his words that infiltrated my mind and punched my delusions.

His multigreen eyes stared straight at me, he turned around opened the car door and started to climb out. I unnerved, stomp on my feet right behind him.

No, he doesn't get to run away, not after killing me with his words. The world I lived with him was the most beautiful of my life.

I am scared how how it will shatter with the truth, but I am also afraid, of how long a love made of broken glass, chipped so much would last how long?

He stood relying on the car door, I strode towards him and waited for him to do something, explain and talk the way we do. But no, he keeps the bad to himself and lets the worst kill him.

The same way he kept from me that he did came to save me.

"Daiwik-" I started and he turned to face me.

"Why, Zehra? You tell me, why do you need to know so much? We could have gotten married? We would have stayed happily, but you made me speak things I have reserved for so long? Things I never slipped even in the letters!" He spoke and I took a deep breath, wasn't aware that I had been holding back.

"So you, did send me the letters? Then why can't you admit that it's you? Daiwik! Why can't you?!" I shouted even further and took steps towards him but he took them back on me.

He is Daiwik, I shouldn't be afraid of him, but when he strides a pace towards me, I end up faltering backwards. And relayed on the stair wall of the staircase that leads to Dev's house.

He halted at my face, and he caught my face, cupping my cheeks before he forcefully kissed my lips, I wanted to devour it, but also I wanted to push him! Unsure of who he is!

"Please..." He eats my lower lips in his, before he pulls back, "Don't..." he strikes my upper lips between his teeth. "Ask..."He cuts through my mouth and before pulling back, he bites my tongue in his mouth until I feel the iron taste of blood in my mouth and whimper in uncomfortable pain. "Me..." he pulled back.

His eyes bored into mine before he suddenly shouted and the street rang with his voice.
"Devakshaya!" he shouted so loud, that I was forced to keep my hands on my ears.

Once again, "Devakshaya!" His voice rang, and people started to look outside their own houses on the partially dead street.

I heard the door opening above me, my eyes piercing back into Daiwik,
A few steps were audible before Devakshaya was on the last step of the house.