16. Sufiyana

ZEHRA

ZEHRA

I never expected the confession I received from him, the moment he said the word married from his lips, and his expression that was confessing he thinks about that future, the instant question that rang in my head was, will I ever be part of that marriage?

I was half hurt when I mentioned to him where will you keep a whore like me?

But whatever he followed by, my eyes were left widened and my mouth was left with no words, I always have something to say, my mind has always been a chaos of words I never speak, I refuse to let out, because I am afraid to be disgraced, I am taught to never have so many opinions as a woman or demands.

But for the first time, all that chaos settled down, and I stared at him with complete shock!

This man has been a portrayer of different characters but this spontaneous proposal was the least of my expectations.

I wasn't about to say a word with him after that, complete silence, I had no questions to ask him anymore. I sat in the bike behind him after, as he drove back to the house, but his routes changed, he did not take the turs I had remembered while coming here, he took a hundred different turns, and the way we covered in half-an-hours while coming turned into a two hours road.

It didn't take a genius to realize that he took a long way, to reach the same house.

After two hours of astounding silence, he did not say anything. Finally reaching home, I got off the bike and practically ran back inside the house, when Divya walked out of the kitchen,

"What did you bring? What did you bring?" She said as she ran to me but found no bags in my hand she was completely disappointed.
"Bhabhi! Did you go shopping? How is there nothing in your hand? Bhaiya never says no to me for anything when he takes me, did he say no to you?" She asked me, he walked inside the house as he walked past me entering the television room.

"No, he did not say no. I didn't want anything!" I said as I entered the kitchen with her.

"Oh, bhabhi! Bhaiya is a lousy money spender you should take full advantage of that man!"

He is not a money spender, he is just a great brother. I helped her with the tea, and I took it inside the television room.

He sat there on the chair, rotating the key in the air with his index finger but stopped it when I entered, his one leg on another. His mother kept talking with him about something but I hardly believe he was even listening to her, he just occasionally hummed to her.

I gave his mother tea, and I gave it to him too, "Divya make the dinner today, your bhabhi must be tired." His mother said, I don't understand his mother, she is orthodox! But she is the kind of orthodox who doesn't only believe in the daughter-in-law working, she believes her daughter working as much as the daughter-in-law, and most of the time, she do not have a problem with his son helping in things like the usual traditionalist mothers have.