33. Mubashrat

ZEHRA

I watched the clocks strike midnight, and everyone was still awake, My chest was heavy by the words spoken to me by Daiwik inside the kitchen. He left half an hour ago, and not wanting to.

I looked at Divya studying on the bed next to me, Devakshaya had gone outside a while ago, with Daiwik hadn't returned. His mother was already asleep.

My mind was repeating the same words again and again, my sanity was dazed with the idea that I was illustrating on my skull. I smiled, looking down at my feet, sitting next to Divya.
She asked me to explain something, I hummed and looked at the question, explaining to her.

The door opened and Devakshaya walked inside, closing the door behind him. He will sleep outside in the living room, on the couch, his mother decided to use a hefty mattress in the living room as her bed, while I and Divya am supposed to sleep inside.

He looked at me, jerking his chin up with his eyebrow, I shook my head. He entered the room, and laid himself down on the bed in front of us, "Am I getting an oil massage today?" He asked me when I smirked and watched him with my peripheral vision.

"Nobody is here for you to tease today!" I did not mean it as a taunt, but unsure of my tone or if the words turned rude.

He just laughed, "What I am doing is for his good! He has been having this episode for the last eight months, and no matter how much I forced him to see a doctor. He refused, you are the only person who pushed him for the better. I want to preserve the opportunity!" He explained to me, that Divya focusing on her reading.

I nodded, "Thank you! Zehra!" Maybe this was the first time he said my name, and it sounded weird to him. But I just smiled in reply. He stood up and came over to Divya and shut her book, She wailed him, but he just laughed, "Sleep!" he ordered and walked out.

He shut the door for us, Divya decided to study later and she kept her books and climbed onto the bed. She asked me to sleep as well, and I did next to her lying straight, while she curled herself towards the wall.

She talked about the new academy she had joined and how she was very behind, struggling to meet the ends.

Somewhere between how a man has been around her academy lately, she slept on her words, her incomplete sentence stink me to wake her up and ask her to complete it. But I did not want to disturb her. With another motive within me.

After an hour, I felt like the house was in complete silence, I tried to be quiet. propelling off the bed, I stood on my feet, and stepped towards the living room, hanging my head to see if everyone was asleep, Dev was in deep sleep, his mother facing the other side of the door. With heavy and small steps, I tried to reach towards the door.

Tip-toeing, I managed halfway, when Devakshaya stirred and my heart stirred along with his body, I gulped finally when he stopped, and faced the other side as well. I sighed a huff, and walked towards the door, opening the latch, and turned back on my feet, lying next to curled up Divya again.

I waited, staring at the watch. My eyelids grew heavy, but I tried to be awake, but nobody showed up. Eventually growing tired of the long wait, felt myself closer to the slumber of darkness.

My eyes shut, and my mind awake, I was half asleep, for a long while.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my ankle, a tight grip, I stirred my mind and my leg to shake the weight off my foot. But the weight grew higher, the same weight on my waist.

I felt a tingle on my waist, when I opened my eyes, and a familiar face rested before me, still in a sleep trance I made the feature, Daiwik right before me, and I was about to make a sound when I felt his lips on mine to stop me from crying a yelp.