17. Khel

ZEHRA

It's been a week since he has so openly said those words to me that have left me in a dilemma. He hasn't spoken a word with me since, by the time I am inside the bedroom he is already asleep or is doing something on his phone, going to work but doesn't talk about it with anyone.

I am not even sure what he does for Agnivanshi. Is he the assassin for them as I witnessed, or is he a bodyguard? But I am sure he is not someone very low on the pyramid of status, because he knew Taara Agnivanshi, the wife of Abhiraj Agnivanshi, and he looked possessive of her the whole time I forced her into getting Daiwik out of jail last time.

He doesn't react to me at all, even if I am wearing the gajra he brings and keeps on the cabinet of the room every day. Or I wear something heavy and try to dress a little better than dressing like I don't care, what I usually did before.

When, I put effort and make some hairstyle, or once when I applied lipsticks from the things he bought for me, when I wore the jhumkas or the bangles. I have worn so many things but he never reacted, I have seen his eyes lingering on them but no expression ever crosses him.

Even today, I have braided my hair across my head, till the tip reached my waist, I had the gajra on the back, wearing the bangles he brought with the other stacks, and even applying minimalist makeup on my face, even a light shade of pink lipstick

Even today, I have braided my hair across my head, till the tip reached my waist, I had the gajra on the back, wearing the bangles he brought with the other stacks, and even applying minimalist makeup on my face, even a light shade of pink lipstick. He wouldn't look.

I am not dressing up to get noticed by him. I always liked getting ready, I just didn't have the things, but now I do. But his not giving any reaction was bothering me.

I intentionally rang my bangles loudly the whole time I was working inside the room, as I was stacking the clothes in Almirah, while he sat there on his laptop on the bed.

He did not look up, I picked up the piles I folded from the bed and took them to the Almirah keeping them on the shelf, as I turned around and he stood there, before me, caging me in the almirah, his eyes on me, while his warping lips was a clear indication of smirk.

He leaned forward, his palms gripping the top of the Almirah, as he completely bent himself hovering over me,
"Something troubling you?" he implored, with his delirious smirk,
I blinked furiously before I shook my head, "No," I said taking my eyes away from his coy eyes.

He nodded, as he took his one hand away, "I see,"

That is what you are not doing.

Not seeing!

His hands came down to my shoulders, as he started to slide them down from my forearm to my bangles and halted there before a smile, not a smirk appeared on those amorous looks.