Epilogue

ZEHRA

Holding my gaze in the reflection of shards that could break a soul. I watched the mirror, my eyes trailed down to my face and the accessories I was wearing, this wedding gown, Devakshaya bought for me as a gift.

Today was our Muslim wedding, I was dressed in a red sharara and my dupatta was perched on my shoulders

Before the wedding, we were not supposed to see each other or live under the same roof, I and Daiwik had been separated for almost one month, and I hadn't seen him since last week

I took a deep breath, I could hear the faint music downstairs, I went over to the window, looking outside. There was a stage set, with two sides, separated by flowers. I held the windshield and tried to look outside.

I was not nervous, I was happy. Excited.

I took a deep breath, and I was soon asked to walk downstairs and now towards the ceremony.

I saw Devakshaya waiting for me by the entrance gate, and he smiled. "Do you like your new house?" He asked me. And I looked around the Haveli Daiwik recently bought.

I felt guilty, but it wouldn't take a genius to remember, that when Sarisha told me that she lived in Haveli, I felt inferior, and then this happened.

Daiwik bought this haveli, we are holding the wedding at, from the entrance of the gate to the front lawn I am supposed to walk down, where he is

"It's beautiful!" I told him, and he smiled, and he walked towards me, and offered me his hand.

"I know blood relatives or cousins are mostly the ones who do this, but I want to take you?" He asked me, holding the frill of my sharara I held it and walked towards him.

I gave him a bright smile, "I don't think, any blood would have given me what I have found in you! Devakshaya! Daiwik might become my husband, but I am more excited to finally be the real family of this house!" I told him, a brighter smile pulled on his lips.

He decided to take my hand, and when I was outside at the door, Taara and Sarisha, Aarti and Anju waited for me to walk behind me, during my entrance.

They all opened their mouths but froze, "You are looking gorgeous! Zehra!" I heard finally and I smiled at them, while Devakshaya led me front and they stepped behind me.