41. Rahazan

ZEHRA

The function was downstairs, we both were ready now. We proceeded to move towards the backside of the hotel where the colosseum was settled, dressed in very simple clothes, and Daiwik in a black shirt.

I entered the beautiful place, it was a mesmerizing sight. There was a well of long stairs with mattresses and pillows and in the centre of the well was where all the dancers were accumulated.

When I reached closer to where Abhiraj and Taara were sitting, Taara wasn't wearing her black clothes today

When I reached closer to where Abhiraj and Taara were sitting, Taara wasn't wearing her black clothes today. She wore a subtle red piece. She met my eyes and smiled brightly.

And then I looked at Abhiraj who gave me a dip of the head, I returned the same. I was still embarrassed about last night, but some things are inevitable. I walked behind Daiwik where he walked three mattresses away from Abhiraj and Taara and sat down, taking my hand and helping me to sit down.

I looked at other people, two were accompanied by woman partners. Some were foreigners, and some looked like tourists.

Soon, the dancers accumulated in the centre started to move to their tunes, and all the eyes were down to see them, we were served drinks and some Rajasthani appetizers.

Daiwik picked a non-alcoholic drink for me and a whiskey for him, meanwhile from a distance I could see that Abhiraj didn't take any drink, and Taara was pregnant. 

"Why? Agnivanshi, Daiwik?" I am unsure where this question came from, the woman dressed in a skirt that rested on her knee while her blouse with no dupatta was very beautiful. Any man would look at her twice, but Daiwik's eyes didn't even once wonder at the dancing woman.

He just either looked at the drink or me, "I know many people want you, you can always turn your job to them. Have better ends?" I asked him further on, and he looked at me.

"You already know, he has done something for me, Zehra and that something was a very big mistake I made. And he saved me from that mistake. He protected me, and now he has my loyalty to him." He told me, simply. His words were a misconception that he explained to me, but if I sit and evaluate all of them were just crooked in a way, where they were spoken but revealed nothing.

I wanted to ask him, what he had done. But the announcer announced that the next performance was getting to be played now, Daiwik met my face when I turned his cheek the other way.

"There, that's the performance," I told him, and he twirled it back to face me. "Can anything be more interesting enough than my Zehra?" he asked me, and I met his eyes.

"Kab banaoge mujhe sach mai aapki Zehra?" (When will you truly make me yours?)

I meant about the wedding when he just giggled and leaned forward keeping a kiss on my lips, I am thankful that the majority are foreigners and they are forthright which doesn't make us look unethical.