13. Harqat

ZEHRA

ZEHRA

"It was not me who should have been your knight in shining armor!" His words sent me into a little dilemma about what he meant, I waited for him to explain further but he just jumped on his feet and switched off the lights.

I never switch off lights. I wanted to tell him that, don't switch off the light. But I couldn't, I just closed my eyes, and my ears involuntarily became more alert, I heard him sighing hard, and he probably lay down on his bed.

I don't know for how long, but hearing him breathe so calmly, it felt so calming myself. He must have slept. Because there had been no motion or change in the rhythm of his breath.

I am sure hour went by, and even I started to feel the sleep creeping, my lids were heavy now, and I was about to be lost in the darkness one that I don't defy.

But, even in my completely dissociative state, my hyper-awareness because of my awful past made meme realize that someone was overshadowing me, even in complete baritone.

Was I wrong when I thought Daiwik will never hurt me?

Let's be calm, maybe he is here to get something from the drawer, or water that I have kept on the side table, maybe an extra pillow, a blanket... I was reminding myself of all the reasons he could be here, but when a sudden breath hit on my face, my hands tighten on the sheets, and I gulped down hard.

I thought he was asleep,

"Zehra," I heard breath whispers which were not meant to wake me up, more like it was a harsh breath he took himself, I felt his hand near my face, my hair and when he pushed it behind my ear, the back of his fingers, slowly caressed my cheeks,

I no longer felt the sleep anywhere on me, "Fuck! I knew I won't be able to control myself if we are in the same room!" He gasped slowly, whisper-yelling at himself. I did not understand what was happening here right now.

I was scared, but my body was at rest, maybe only my mind was in chaos right now, yet my nerves felt serene.

I felt his two fingers on my bare forearm, because of the short sleeve, slowly sliding, glazing on my skin, carefully skimming down till my fingers,

Now I felt the shiver, my goosebumps rising,

His fingers stopped on mine, I don't know for how long but he was frozen there, I felt his fingers continuing but this time he traced my silhouette from my waist to my hips to my legs.

I was ready to scream this time, I wanted to, being touched without my will is so common. And I hate that he is one of them who is doing it, On any normal day I would be crying and begging him to not.

Even if it is just fingers, no one feels good by these touches, so what is keeping me still?

Off, suddenly he was completely away from me. But I felt the bed sinking next to me.