hey, stay

Draco's POV

I was walking out of the Great Hall and heard a faint scream followed by an evil laughter. I noticed the sound and came to an empty corridor where I found Parkinson pointing her wand on the neck of a girl wearing yellow and black tie. A lump created in my throat as I went near.

The Hufflepuff girl was none other than Y/N L/N, the girl whom I liked from my third year, watching her amazing Quidditch skills. She is the keeper of Hufflepuff team.

Parkinson was saying something to her and Y/N shook her head. Parkinson punched right on Y/N's nose and slapped twice making her fall on the ground. Parkinson smirked and tried to kick her but,

"Parkinson, get away," I screamed and she ran away.

I went to the girl who was laying on the floor, her eyes closed, nose bleeding and lips a bit parted. She laid there still. I picked her up and took her to the Hospital Wing. Once reached there, I called Madam Pomfrey and laid Y/N on a bed. Madam came and checked her. She mumbled some spells resulting Y/N to stir on the bed. Her blood vanished and she slowly opened her eyes.

"How are you feeling, dear?" Madam Pomfrey asked Y/N.

"We-weak," she managed to say.

"I am brining some food for you. Mr. Malfoy, can you please stay here?"

"Sure, Madam," I said and she went.

I sat beside Y/N and hold her hands. She looked at me,

"Th-thank you, Draco," she started.

"Hey, no need to say thanks. I can at least do that."

She looked shocked,

"Yeah, but I am Hufflepuff. And your friends bully the students of my house the most."

"Well..I know...but I dont bully you, right?"

"You were always good to me and thats why I am here now."

"What do you mean?"

"Well..umm...Parkinson today came to me and said to stay away from you... And then punched me in the stomach. She kept calling me names... Bad names. Kept shouting at me and then punched right on my nose and slapped twice......when I opend my eyes...I am here," she said letting the tears roll of her face.

"Ah! I an sorry for whatever happened. I will talk to her and tell her to stay away from you, okay?" I asked and she nodded.

Madam Pomfrey bought her some foods and again went. I saw her having difficulties while eating so,

"Mind if I help you?" I asked.

"Not at all," she smiled.

I took the spoon from her hand and helped her to eat. After her meal, Madam Pomfrey gave her medicine abd told me to leave. I looked at her.

After Madam went to her dorm,  I started to go towards the door not wanting to go really.  Suddenly,

"Hey, stay!" she said in a hushed voice.

"You want me to stay?" I asked becoming happy.

"Yes, if you dont have a problem."

"Sure, I would love to."

With that, I went and laid beside her in the bed. I wrapped my arm around her as she moved closer to my side,

"You know, I like you, Y/N."

"You are lucky, Draco. I like you too," she smiled. "And now sleep."

"As you say, Princess," I said as she chuckled.

"Good night," she said.

"Good night, love."