POA 10

Rory woke on Christmas morning to her owl Phoenix tapping the window, she'd decided to buy her a few months ago after borrowing Hedwig a few times she figured it wasn't fair on Harry to keep using his owl. Phoenix is a completely black snowy owl, apparently she's some magical miracle her parents are both snowy owls just like Hedwig but she was born pure black. Rory fell in love with her instantly. She gets up opening the window and letting her in, she's carrying a small note on her leg. Rory takes the note before placing her on the perch and getting her some treats.

Meet us in the common room with your presents- F&G

Rory grabs her pile of presents and heads down to the common room where the twins are waiting for her. Harry, Ron and Hermione were there too.

"Finally" Fred shouts as he spots her, she places her presents on the floor next to his and sits down.

"Another jumper from Mum. Maroon again see if you've all got one" Ron says looking at them all. They all found the presents from Mrs. Weasley. Harry opened his first to reveal a scarlet jumper with the Gryffindor lion knitted on the front, also a dozen home-baked mince pies, some Christmas cake, and a box of nut brittle. Rory opened hers next to reveal a black jumper with a purple dragon, some Christmas cake like Harry, some toffee and some sugar quills.

"I love your mum so much" Rory smiles at the twins who were holding up their own jumpers. They both have green jumpers with their initial's on.

"What is it with her and putting our initial's on our jumpers. Do you think it's so she can tell us apart" George says.

"Maybe" Rory smiles at him before opening the rest of her presents. She had 3 chocolate bars from Remus which is funnily enough exactly what she got him, a box of her favourite sweets from Fred and George as well as a box of sugar quills from Ron and Harry, Hermione got her a new quill set which she absolutely loved and got her a notebook in return, Charlie got her another dragon book this time on Norwegian Ridgebacks and Ollie got her some new muggle books. She picks up the last one which doesn't have a note but she suspects it might be from Sirius. Opening it she finds a beautiful locket with a rose on the front, opening it she finds 2 photo's one of her with her mum and dad and the other is her with Sirius and Remus. She smiles at it before hearing Ron speak.

"What's that?" He says pointing to one of Harry's presents that s a long thin package.

"Dunno" Harry rips the parcel open and everyone gasps as a magnificent, gleaming broomstick rolled out onto the floor in front of him. Ron dropped his socks he was holding and jumped closer for a better look.

"I don't believe it," he said hoarsely. It was a Firebolt, identical to the dream broom Harry kept going to see in Diagon Alley. Its handle glittered as he picked it up. He could feel it vibrating and let go it hung in mid air, unsupported, at exactly the right height for him to mount it. His eyes moved from the golden registration number at the top of the handle, right down to the perfectly smooth, streamlined birch twigs that made up the tail.

"Who sent it to you?" Ron said in a hushed voice. Rory had a very good idea as to who had sent it but she couldn't tell them anything yet.

"Look and see if there's a card," Harry said as Ron ripped apart the Firebolt's wrappings.

"Nothing! Blimey, who'd spend that much on you?"

"Well," Harry said, feeling stunned, "I'm betting it wasn't the Dursleys."

"I bet it was Dumbledore," Ron said, now walking around and around the Firebolt, taking in every glorious inch. "He sent you the Invisibility Cloak anonymously"

"That was my dad's, though," Harry said. "Dumbledore was just Passing it on to me. He wouldn't spend hundreds of Galleons on me. He can't go giving students stuff like this "