OOTP 26

Rory wakes to a bright room that she didn't recognise. Turning her head she saw two people sat beside her.

"Mum, dad" She whispers as they both look at her. She sits up looking around and notices she's in a room that looked like her old bedroom from before her parents death.

"Aurora" Lily says as she wraps her arms around Rory whilst James places his hand on her shoulder.

"Am I dead" they both smile at her.

"No. You used a lot of power trying to save Sirius and your body needs time to repair itself" 

"Is Pad's okay" Rory asks quickly.

"He's fine and so is everyone else. Rory you know we have never been disappointed in you and you have never failed Harry. You have gone above what most would to make sure he's safe. That dream was never true" James says as he hugs his daughter. 

"I've missed you" She whispers into his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around her.

"We're always with you baby I promise you're never alone" he says as Lily stands next to him.

"I don't want to go back. I want to stay with you"

"You'll see us again when you're older and you've had a life but not now you've still got so much to live for baby girl. Plus Harry, Remus and Sirius still need you and what about Charlie imagine what you dying will do to them" Lily says taking Rory's hand in hers leading her out of the room and down to the living room to sit on the sofa. Lily sits one side of Rory whilst James sits the other.

"Your mums right Aurora, you're still needed we'll be here when the time finally comes and until that time we'll be with you anyway you just can't see us but we're always there" James says smiling at Rory.

"I wish I could see you" 

"We wish that too but just remember that we're always there" Lily hugs her as James wraps his arms around his wife and daughter.

No-ones POV- 3 days after the fight in the Ministry

"Come on Wolf" Remus says sitting beside an unconscious Rory. His eyes red and puffy as he looks at his god daughter.

"Why isn't she waking up" Harry asks looking at his sister.

"I don't know. Harry go get some sleep, I'll stay with her"

"I can't leave her" Harry tries to hold back the tears at the thought of losing his only remaining family because he believed Voldemort. Remus stands walking over to Harry before placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Aurora is one of the strongest people I know. She'll pull through this she just needs time" he looked back at his goddaughter before continuing "and she wouldn't want you doing this to yourself. You need to get some sleep. I will come and get you if anything changes or Sirius will" Harry nods knowing he's right as he leaves the room to go to his own. Remus sits back down taking Rory's hand in his "Come on wolf, I need you to wake up" a tear falls down his cheek as he slowly falls asleep. Sirius looks in at his best friend and niece with a sad smile before heading to his room and shutting the door. 

Down in the kitchen Mrs Weasley stands looking out the window her eyes red from crying about the girl she sees as her daughter. Bill sits at the table his head in his hands before he looks up at his mother. Aurora Potter had become one of the closest people to him and he couldn't imagine his life without her in it. No one sure how much damage she had done trying to fight the killing curse.

"When's Charlie getting here" Bill asks pulling his mother from her thoughts.

"Should be any minute now"