OOTP 19

As the date of their departure back to Hogwarts drew nearer, Sirius became more and more prone to what Mrs. Weasley called "fits of the sullens," in which he would become taciturn and grumpy, often withdrawing to his room for hours at a time. His gloom seeped through the house, oozing under doorways like some noxious gas, so that all of them became infected by it. Rory also wasn't looking forward to returning to Hogwarts. Going back to school would mean placing herself once again under the tyranny of Dolores Umbridge, who had no doubt managed to force through another dozen decrees in their absence. As Rory walked out of the kitchen holding her coffee followed by Charlie she nearly bumped into Snape.

"Potter" He said her name with the usual disgust.

"Grease bat" She heard Sirius laugh from the kitchen.

"Aurora" Mrs Weasley said horrified.

"See you in potions" Rory said smirking and walking away to her room.

"I can not believe you just did that" Charlie says smiling as he sits on her bed.

"Really you can't believe that I would do something like that" She raises her eyebrow at him.

"True" He pulls her onto his lap. After a while they went to join the others as Mr Weasley returned. They all walked into the kitchen with Mr. Weasley walking proudly dressed in a pair of striped pyjamas covered by a mackintosh.

"Cured!" he announced brightly to the kitchen at large. "Completely cured!" He and all the other Weasleys froze on the threshold, gazing at the scene in front of them, which was also suspended in mid-action, both Sirius and Snape looking toward the door with their wands pointing into each other's faces and Harry immobile between them, a hand stretched out to each of them, trying to force them apart. Rory smiled at the scene in front of them. "Merlin's beard," Mr. Weasley said, the smile sliding off his face, "what's going on here?" Both Sirius and Snape lowered their wands. Harry looked from one to the other. Each wore an expression of utmost contempt, yet the unexpected entrance of so many witnesses seemed to have brought them to their senses. Snape pocketed his wand and swept back across the kitchen, passing the Weasleys without comment. At the door he looked back.

"Six o'clock Monday evening, Potter." He was gone. Sirius glared after him, his wand at his side.

"But what's been going on?" asked Mr. Weasley again.

"Nothing, Arthur," Sirius answered, who was breathing heavily as though he had just run a long distance. "Just a friendly little chat between two old school friends." With what looked like an enormous effort, he smiled. "So you're cured? That's great news, really great."

"Yes, isn't it?" Mrs. Weasley said, leading her husband forward into a chair. "Healer Smethwyck worked his magic in the end, found an antidote to whatever that snake's got in its fangs, and Arthur's learned his lesson about dabbling in Muggle medicine, haven't you, dear?" she added, rather menacingly.

"Yes, Molly dear," Mr. Weasley said meekly. Rory walked over to Sirius.

"Please tell me you hexed the grease bat"

"Nope Harry got in the way" Rory glared at her brother who just shrugs. That night's meal should have been a cheerful one with Mr. Weasley back amongst them, Sirius was trying to make it so, yet when he wasn't forcing himself to laugh loudly at Fred and George's jokes or offering everyone more food, his face fell back into a moody, brooding expression. Tonks joined them as well.

"Tonks" Rory whispered her name as she sat beside her.

"Yea" She muttered back as Remus looked at them with raised brows obviously able to here them.