GOF 12

It had been a few days since Rory wrote to Charlie and she still hadn't been able to find anything useful. She'd been getting a lot of looks since Malfoy opened his mouth. She was currently sat with Fred and George in the common room. Harry was on the other side of the room slightly watching the twins with their heads together, quills out, pouring over a single piece of parchment. It's not the most usual thing to see Fred and George hidden away in a corner and working silently; they usually liked to be in the thick of things and the noisy centre of attention. Except they aren't actually working they're trying to write a letter to Bagman over their winnings that disappeared after the match. Turns out he'd paid them in leprechaun gold. George shook his head at Fred, before he scratched something out with his quill, before saying

"No - that sounds like we're accusing him. Got to be careful " Rory sat on the armchair behind them with her head resting on her knees looking out the window not really paying much attention to what the two are actually writing. She's pulled out of her thoughts when George places a hand on her leg. "Rory you okay?"

"Fine I'm just tired" that lie was getting old even she was getting bored of using it. George just nods before going back to the letter. At some point she'd managed to fall asleep but woke with a start from a nightmare to find Fred and George had fallen asleep against the chair she was sat on. Glancing at the clock she could see it was half 2 in the morning. Reaching over she grabbed the book she'd left on the table beside her and continued reading it knowing sleep would be pointless now. When they arrived in the entrance hall on the way to breakfast there was a large crowd of students congregated there, all milling around a large sign that had been erected at the foot of the marble staircase. Fred Read it aloud to the other

"TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT THE DELEGATIONS FROM BEAUXBATONS AND DURMSTRANG WILL BE ARRIVING AT 6 O'CLOCK ON FRIDAY THE 30TH OF OCTOBER. LESSONS WILL END HALF AN
HOUR EARLY STUDENTS WILL RETURN THEIR BAGS AND BOOKS TO THEIR DORMITORIES AND ASSEMBLE IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE TO GREET OUR GUESTS BEFORE THE WELCOMING FEAST"

"Wicked" George said smiling "we'll finally know who we need to fool to enter" Rory rolled her eyes laughing slightly before pulling them into the Great Hall where they went to sit towards the end of the Gryffindor table. Rory sent Isaac and Logan and smile as she sat down. Rumours were already flying from student to student like highly contagious germs: who was going to try for Hogwarts champion, what the tournament would involve, how the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang differed from themselves. As they were starting breakfast owls started swooping in through the windows with the post. Phoenix landed in front of Rory holding her leg out for her to take the letter from her. After taking the letter Rory give her a piece of toast before she took off back out of the window.

"Who's that from" Fred asks looking over Rory's shoulder at the letter "that's Charlie's handwriting"

"That's because it's from Charlie obviously you idiot"

"Oh yeah, does our little Aurora have a boyfriend"

"Seriously Freddie its Charlie I've wrote to him for years"

"Yeah but you two looked really cosy over the summer" She glares at him as he raises his hands in surrender. Opening the letter she starts reading as Fred and George start talking about the tournament again.

Dearest Nova,

Just ignore them, you're so much better than them plus I'm sure Fred and George are already pranking anyone who looks at you or says something. I'm glad you have them but I wish you'd open up to them they're your best friends and they can be there physically whilst I can't. Mad-eyes well mad so I'm not surprised there but again I think you should open up to the twins about everything. I know that's easier said than done I saw how it was when you opened up to me well when I made you.

As for hiding the scar. I don't want you to, you're beautiful even with it and everyone that matters loves you just the way you are me included but I won't lie to you just because I don't want you to hide it, look into illusion Spells although I don't think it will work because its technically a cursed mark.

I love you Aurora Nova Potter don't forget that. Just think of that when things start to get too much.

I miss you

Love Charlie x

"I'll meet you guys in class. I've got something I need to do quickly" Rory says standing up and putting the letter in her pocket.

"You've barely eaten" George looks at her plate then up at her.

"I'm not hungry. I'll see you in a bit" She walks out of the Great Hall heading to the library when she hears footsteps behind her. Turning she sees Fred and George following. "What are you two doing. Go back to breakfast"

"No. That's it we've had enough of this. You're hiding something" Fred says grabbing her arm to stop her walking away.

"We've been letting things go thinking you'll come and talk to us in your own time but Rory we can see how whatever it is, is effecting you a lot. We can see how much weight you've lost from your not eating as well. So we're going to talk about this now" George said agreeing with Fred. Turning Rory walked straight into Fred wrapping her arms around him taking him slightly by surprise.

"I'm not okay" She whispers into his chest.

"It's okay Rory" Fred says hugging her tighter. "Come on lets go somewhere more private so we can talk" Rory nods stepping away from Fred slightly as George wraps an arm around her. They follow Fred to one of the secret room's they'd found with the Marauders map in their second year. Once they were in the room Rory handed Fred the letter from Charlie to read. As he and George read it she went and sat on one of the chairs in the room, bringing her knees up to her chest.

"Firstly is it what we think it is between you and our dear Charlie" Fred smirks.

"Yes it is"

"And you didn't tell us" Fred gasps.

"We were seeing how it went before telling anyone"

"Okay right now that's out of the way" Fred says getting more serious "Why do you want to hide the scars" She gives him an are you serious right now look.

"You've seen the stares I know you have. Don't think I haven't noticed the looks you send people or the way you step in front of me to block me from view along with Isaac and Logan and I really appreciate it I do but it would be so much better for everyone if you didn't need to do that and if I didn't have the scars it wouldn't be necessary"

"We don't care, we'll protect you against anything you're not just our best friend you are our sister Rory. Charlies right when he says the people who love you don't care. That scar doesn't change who you are unless you let it Rory which you are doing right now" George says as he crouches down in front of her as Fred paces slightly.

"I try not to let it but I feel like there's no room left in my head for that. Every time I go to sleep I have nightmares of that night and also of the Quidditch world cup and of the night my parents died. I remember everything from that night. I watched both of them being killed and that's all I remember about them now, I can't remember anything good just their deaths. I'm sorry for not telling you any of this but I didn't want you to have to worry about my problems" Fred stops pacing walking over and crouching next to George.

"Don't hide things from us Ror, we want to be here for you but you need to let us" Fred says as George nods beside him.

"I know I'm sorry" George wraps his arms around her, pulling her to him.

"Your nightmares, are they better or worse when you fall asleep with us" Fred asks looking at her whilst George hugs her.

"Better" 

"Right, you can start staying with us from now on or we'll all stay in the common room like we've been doing okay" Rory nods. They stay there talking for a while before finally heading to class. Having Fred and George to talk to definitely felt like a weight had been lifted from her chest.