OOTP 24

After they escaped from Umbridges squad they ran to find Harry and Hermione coming out of the forest together. They all looked a little the worse for wear there were several long scratches running the length of Ginny's cheek, a large purple lump was swelling above Neville's right eye, Ron's lip was bleeding worse than ever but all were looking rather pleased with themselves.

"So," Ron said, pushing aside a low-hanging branch and holding out Harry's wand, "had any ideas?"

"How did you get away?" asked Harry in amazement, taking his wand from Ron.

"Rory set Umbridges desk on fire distracting the Slytherins then there was a couple of Stunners, a Disarming Charm, Neville brought off a really nice little Impediment Jinx," Ron said airily, now handing back Hermione's wand too. "But Ginny was best, she got Malfoy BatBogey Hex it was superb, his whole face was covered in the great flapping things. Anyway, we saw you heading into the forest out of the window and followed. What've you done with Umbridge?"

"She got carried away," Harry said. "By a herd of centaurs."

"And they left you behind?" asked Ginny, looking astonished.

"No, they got chased off by Grawp,"

"Who's Grawp?" Luna asked interestedly.

"Hagrid's little brother," Ron said promptly. "Anyway, never mind that now. Harry, what did you find out in the fire? Has You-Know-Who got Sirius or?"

"Yes," Harry said as Rory's eyes went wide. "and I'm sure Sirius is still alive, but I can't see how we're going to get there to help him." They all fell silent, looking rather scared. The problem facing them seemed insurmountable.

"Well, we'll have to fly, won't we?" Luna said in the closest thing to a matter-of-fact voice Harry had ever heard her use.

"Okay," Harry said irritably, rounding on her, "first of all, 'we' aren't doing anything if you're including yourself in that, and second of all, Ron's the only one with a broomstick that isn't being guarded by a security troll, so"

"I've got a broom!" Ginny said.

"Yeah, but you're not coming," Ron said angrily.

"Excuse me, but I care what happens to Sirius as much as you do!" Ginny said, her jaw set so that her resemblance to Fred and George was suddenly striking.

"You're too" Harry began.

"I'm three years older than you were when you fought You-Know-Who over the Philosopher's Stone," she said fiercely, "and it's because of me Malfoy's stuck back in Umbridge's office with giant flying bogeys attacking him"

"Yeah, but"

"We were all in the D.A. together," Neville said quietly. "It was all supposed to be about fighting You-Know-Who, wasn't it? And this is the first chance we've had to do something real or was that all just a game or something?"

"No of course it wasn't" Harry said impatiently.

"Then we should come too," Neville said simply as Rory smiled at the boy who was now standing up to others. "We want to help."

"That's right," Luna said, smiling happily.

"Well, it doesn't matter anyway," Harry said frustratedly, "because we still don't know how to get there"

"I thought we'd settled that?" Luna said maddeningly. "We're flying!"

"Look," Ron said, barely containing his anger, "you might be able to fly without a broomstick but the rest of us can't sprout wings whenever we"