DH 2

Rory woke with a slight groan, the brightness of the room making her head hurt.

"Good morning sleeping beauty" She looked over at a smiling George, a bandage covering his head.

"Oh my god, are you okay" She sits up and looks at him.

"Really you've been unconscious for over 12 hours and your first thoughts are whether I'm okay" He laughs slightly before coming to sit beside her.

"Well are you"

"I lost an ear, curtesy of Snape but I'm fine at least I'm not dead"

"Bloody Snape. Please tell me you made a 'I'm holy' joke"

"I did, finally someone who gets my humour" he smirks at her.

"Who didn't find it funny"

"Fred, he said of all the jokes I did that one"

"I'll punch him for you, that jokes brilliant" Rory looks at him again before being more serious "I'm glad you're okay" he wraps his arms around her.

"I'm glad you're okay as well, you scared us all with how much blood you lost"

"It was the only way I could keep Bill safe, just repaying the favour after he saved me from Greyback" George pulls her into a tighter hug "Did anyone else get hurt"

"Mad-Eye didn't make it, but everyone else made it back safely only me and you got injured" Rory nods as Charlie walks in.

"Nova you're awake" he walks over as George gets up to leave.

"I'll let everyone know she's awake"

"Thanks George" Charlie says before sitting beside Rory "How do you feel"

"I feel fine, just a bit tired that's all"

"Nova you need to stop using your powers, that's the second time they've made you bleed"

"I don't try to use them for that exact reason Charlie, but I couldn't fight that many spells with my wand so I did the only thing I knew would work to protect me and Bill"

"I know you did baby" he wraps his arms around her as he lays down, pulling her with him so her head was resting on his chest.

"George told me about Mad-Eye"

"Yeah, Bill and Remus went to try and recover his body but they didn't have any luck finding it" 

The shock of losing Mad-Eye hung over the house in the days that followed. Order members, who passed in and out to relay news.

Rory was sat at the breakfast table with Ron and Harry. Mr. Weasley, Charlie, Bill and Phoenix had just left for work. Mrs. Weasley had gone upstairs to wake Hermione and Ginny.

"The Trace'll break on the thirty-first," said Harry. "That means I only need to stay here four days. Then I can"

"Five days," Ron corrected him firmly. "We've got to stay for the wedding. They'll kill us if we miss it.

"It's one extra day Harry" Rory told him whilst he looked mutinous.

"Don't they realize how important?"

"'Course they don't," said Ron. "They haven't got a clue. And now you mention it, I want to talk to you about that." Ron glanced toward the door into the hall to check that Mrs. Weasley was not returning yet, then leaned in closer to Harry. "Mum's been trying to get it out of Hermione, Rory and me. What we're off to do. She'll try you next, so brace yourself. She doesn't know Rory's coming with us but she knows how close you are. Dad and Lupin've both asked us as well, but when we said Dumbledore told you not to tell anyone except us, they dropped it. Not Mum, though. She's determined. " Rory had agreed to help them as well much to Charlie's protests but he understood eventually.