DH 6

Harry and Rory both woke early next morning, each wrapped in a sleeping bag in Rory's room. 

"I miss my blankets" Rory muttered as she got out of the bed and headed to the bathroom. When she had finished she went to find Harry in Sirius's old bedroom. He was looking at a letter when she entered. "What you looking at?" He handed her the paper to read before continuing to search through the mess that was once Sirius's bedroom.

Dear Padfoot,

Thank you, thank you, for Harry's birthday present! It was his favourite by far. One year old and already zooming along on a toy broomstick, he looked so pleased with himself. I'm enclosing a picture so you can see. You know it only rises about two feet off the ground but he nearly killed the cat and he smashed a horrible vase Petunia sent me for Christmas (no complaints there). Of course James thought it was so funny, says he's going to be a great Quidditch player, but we've had to pack away all the ornaments and make sure we don't take our eyes off him when he gets going. We had a very quiet birthday tea, just us and old Bathilda who has always been sweet to us and who dotes on Harry and Aurora. We were so sorry you couldn't come, but the Order's got to come first, and Harry's not old enough to know it's his birthday anyway! James is getting a bit frustrated shut up here, he tries not to show it but I can tell also Dumbledore's still got his Invisibility Cloak, so no chance of little excursions. Your Little Wolf is also missing you and her Moony a lot as well. If you could visit, it would cheer him up so much. Wormy was here last weekend. I thought he seemed down, but that was probably the next about the McKinnons, I cried all evening when I heard. Bathilda drops in most days, she's a fascinating old thing with the most amazing stories about Dumbledore. I'm not sure he'd be pleased if he knew!

"I'm assuming the rest of the letter's not here" Rory said looking at Harry who nodded. 

"Harry? Harry? Harry!" They heard Hermione shouting.

"I'm here!" Harry called, "What's happened?" There was a clatter of footsteps outside the door, and Hermione burst inside.

"We woke up and checked Rory's room and didn't know where you both were!" she said breathlessly. She turned and shouted over her shoulder, "Ron! I've found them" Ron's annoyed voice echoed distantly from several floors below.

"Good! Tell them from me they're a git!"

"Harry don't just disappear, please, we were terrified! Why did you come up here anyway?" She gazed around the ransacked room. "What have you been doing?"

"Look what I've just found" He held out the letter to her. Hermione took it out and read
it while Harry and Rory watched her. When she reached the end of the page she looked up at him.

"Oh Harry"

"And there's this too." He handed her a torn photograph, and Hermione smiled at the baby zooming in and out of sight on the toy broom. "I've been looking for the rest of the letter," Harry said, "but it's not here" Hermione glanced around.

"Did you make all this mess, or was some of it done when you got here?"

"Someone had searched before me," Harry said.

"I thought so. Every room I looked into on the way up had been disturbed except for yours Rory. What were they after, do you think?" 

"Information on the Order, if it was Snape" 

"But you'd think he'd already have all he needed. I mean was in the Order, wasn't he?" 

"It was probably Dung who trashed the place, looking for stuff to sell. If it was to do with the order they wouldn't of just left my room untouched but Dung would" Rory said