GOF 18

After helping Fred and George get enough food from the kitchens Rory and the twins headed up to the Gryffindor common room. There were mountains of cakes and flagons of pumpkin juice and butterbeer on every surface. Lee had let off some Filibuster's Fireworks, so that the air was thick with stars and sparks. Dean Thomas, who was very good at drawing, had put up some impressive new banners, most of which depicted Harry zooming around the Horntail's head on his Firebolt, though a couple showed Cedric with his head on fire. George wrapped his arm around Rory's shoulder before whispering.

"Where did you disappear to last night then" He smirks at her.

"I was with Charlie" 

"Oh yeah"

"Not like that George, I woke from a nightmare and he was still awake" 

"So you're going to be coming back into our dorm I take it" She nods as Harry entered the Gryffindor common room it exploded with cheers and yells.

"Blimey, this is heavy," Lee said, picking up the golden egg, which Harry had put on a table, and weighing it in his hands. "Open it, Harry, go on! Let's just see what's inside it!"

"He's supposed to work out the clue on his own," Hermione said swiftly. "It's in the tournament ruled "

"I was supposed to work out how to get past the dragon on my own too," Harry muttered, so only Hermione could hear him, and she grinned rather guiltily.

"Rules are meant to be broken Hermione" Rory said smirking at the twins.

"That's not true Aurora and you know it"

"Whatever, just open it Harold" Harry glared at his sister.

"Yeah, go on, Harry, open it!" several people echoed. Lee passed Harry the egg, and Harry dug his fingernails into the groove that ran all the way around it and prised it open. It was hollow and completely empty but the moment Harry opened it, the most horrible noise, a loud and screechy wailing, filled the room.

"Shut it!" Fred bellowed, his hands over his ears.

"What was that?" Seamus Finnigan said, staring at the egg as Harry slammed it shut again. "Sounded like a banshee... Maybe you've got to get past one of those next, Harry!"

"It was someone being tortured!" Neville said, who had gone very white and spilled sausage rolls all over the floor. "You're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!"

"Don't be a prat, Neville, that's illegal," George said. "They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing maybe you've got to attack him
while he's in the shower. Harry."

"Dunno George I think it runs in your family have you heard Charlie sing" Rory said as George laughed.

"Want a jam tart, Hermione?" Fred said. Hermione looked doubtfully at the plate he was offering her. Fred grinned. "It's all right," he said. "I haven't done anything to them. It's the custard creams you've got to watch" Neville, who had just bitten into a custard cream, choked and spat it out. Fred laughed. "Just my little joke, Neville" Hermione took a jam tart. Then she said.

"Did you get all this from the kitchens, Fred?"

"Yep," Fred said, grinning at her. He put on a high-pitched squeak and imitated a house-elf. "'Anything we can get you, sir, anything at all!' They're dead helpful get me a roast ox if I said I was peckish."

"How do you get in there?" Hermione said in an innocently casual sort of voice.

"Easy," Fred said, "concealed door behind a painting of a bowl of fruit. Just tickle the pear, and it giggles and " He stopped and looked suspiciously at her. "Why?"