GOF 9

There was a definite end-of-the-holidays gloom in the air when everyone awoke the next morning. Heavy rain was still splattering against the window as Rory got dressed in jeans and a hoody she'd robbed from Charlie placing her leather jacket over the top after braiding her hair to cover the part of the scar that wasn't covered by her clothes. As she stepped out of Ginnys room she was quickly grabbed by Charlie and dragged into his room.

"Morning Nova that's a nice jumper"

"It's mine now" She smirks at him.

"Why are you covering your neck I thought you was okay finally with showing it" he looked at her with concern as he moved her hair slightly to reveal her neck.

"I'm going back to school Charlie that's a huge difference from you and your family"

"Don't hide who you are Nova"

"You know I love you right" She says changing the subject.

"No I think I need you to show me again" he smiles at her leaning closer.

"Oh is that so" She places her lips on his as his hand goes to the back of her head deepening the kiss. They jump apart at the sound of a cough behind them, turning to find Bill grinning at them.

"What do we have here then"

"Shut it pillock"

"Told you didn't I Rory"

"Told me what Bill" he just winks at her before closing the door and leaving. She turns back to Charlie. "Your brothers a pain in the arse just so you know"

"I know but it's fine, Bill won't tell anyone. He's known about my feelings for you for a while"  Charlie pulls her back to him as his lips meet hers again. 

"I'm going to miss you" Rory says against his lips.

"I'm going to miss you too Nova" He says pulling away and placing his hands on her hips "Come on shall we get down before one of them come looking for either of us" She nods as he kisses her again quickly before they leave his room and head downstairs.

"Arthur!" Mrs Weasley calls up the staircase. "Arthur! Urgent message from the Ministry!"
When Harry and the others entered the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley was rummaging anxiously in the drawers "I've got a quill here somewhere!" and Mr. Weasley bending over the fire, talking to Amos Diggory's head which was sitting in the middle of the flames like a large, bearded egg. It was talking very fast, completely unperturbed by the sparks flying around it and the flames licking its ears.

"Don't worry Harry you're not mad" Rory tells him as he sits beside her at the table. Charlie sat on her other side his hand resting on her thigh as she put hers on top of his.

"Muggle neighbours heard bangs and shouting, so they went and called those what-d'you-call- 'ems - please-men. Arthur, you've got to get over there" Mr Diggory says.

"Here!" Mrs. Weasley said breathlessly, pushing a piece of parchment, a bottle of ink, and a crumpled quill into Mr. Weasley's hands.

"it's a real stroke of luck I heard about it," Mr. Diggory's head said. "I had to come into the office early to send a couple of owls, and I found the Improper Use of Magic lot all setting off if Rita Skeeter gets hold of this one, Arthur "

"What does Mad-Eye say happened?" asked Mr. Weasley, unscrewing the ink bottle, loading up his quill, and preparing to take notes. Mr. Diggory's head rolled its eyes. "Says he heard an intruder in his yard. Says he was creeping toward the house, but was ambushed by his dustbins."

"What did the dustbins do?" asked Mr. Weasley, scribbling frantically.

"Made one hell of a noise and fired rubbish everywhere, as far as I can tell," Mr. Diggory said. "Apparently one of them was still rocketing around when the pleasemen turned up " Mr. Weasley groaned.