three

So, today was good at first until the boys had to come and ruin it for us. Great, thanks.

But it was finally time for me to bid goodbye to the girls and leave the school grounds, stuffing earphones in my ears again and making my way back home.

At least, I thought it was home.

As I finally saw my house come into view, I walked inside tiredly, feeling the want and need to just sleep forever because that's just how tired I was.

Imagine if humans slept as much as lions - that would be amazing. I'd be an expert. Because everyone loves sleeping, right?

Sleeping was the one point of the day (or night) where I didn't think about the four idiots, homework, or life struggles and problems. Not that I had that many struggles or problems, because I was a pretty happy girl if you ask me.

Sleep is one way to just relax. Even if you don't really remember what goes on when you sleep - it's still my favorite time of the day. It's where you can just fill your mind with dreams and think about what if. Now, some people would think that what if seems stressful to think about and makes them sad about not having that type of life - I like to think of it differently. I like to think that I can have that type of life, I can do whatever (except maybe fly). It makes me think that what if is good. It's really good. Well, to me it is.

It just gives me hope.

I walked into the house; kicking my shoes off at the door, throwing my backpack randomely and walking towards the kitchen to where my mother sat.

I always admired my mother, she always kept strong through everything even without a dad to help - the best thing was my stepfather, who was usually at work most of the day.

It's a topic I don't really like talking about - but my dad left when I was a baby, I don't remember him at all. I thought my stepdad was my real dad, until they told me when I was thirteen.

I was sad and angry when they first told me, I thought how could they lie to me my whole life. But then I thought about it and realized I should have noticed it sooner - I didn't really look like either of them.

My stepfather had dark grey hair (not because he's old, but because that was his hair colour) and light hazel eyes. My mother had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes to match.

And then there was me - light blonde hair and blue eyes. I then came to realize that it didn't matter that he wasn't my biological father, he was a good enough dad to me as any. He took care of me and loved me when my real father left me from not wanting a child.

Who, to you, is a real dad?

Ignoring my swirling thoughts about my dad, I smiled at my mother tiredly who did the same to me.

I then noticed how she shakily layed down the newspaper she was just reading and looked at me cautiously - as if I were to pounce out at her or something. I shook my head at her slightly as if asking what's wrong? And then she sighed.

"Um, Danny, we need to talk." She said nervously, biting her bottom lip. Confused, I saw down next to her at the kitchen island and waited intently for her to say something.

"You know I and your dad love you - but...you're eighteen, going to college...I think..." She sighed, trailing off and running a hand through her hair. "I mean, you have a job and you do get money."

She was right, I did have a job at a Café just around the corner from school where I worked as a waitress 4 times a week. Due to the Café's popularity and amount of customers - I get payed quite a fair amount of money, so money wasn't a problem for me.

"Okay, so what are you saying?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You should um...get an apartment, your own place." She mumbled, looking back up at me sadly. "I mean, your poor dad is working his life off to pay for this house, electricity and whatnot, my job isn't the best and we kind of need the space. We're sorry."

I bit my lip, nodding slightly. I felt a pang to my heart - though I already knew this day was going to come eventually. But I understood what she meant - they both worked hard at not the best salary and they didn't need an eighteen year old, who can take care of herself perfectly fine, to just take up space and time and wifi, electricity and 'whatnot'. So I smiled encouragingly and hugged her.

"That's okay, I understand." I smiled. "I'll um, start looking for places I guess."

"Me and your father will be helping you with the payments - don't worry. I'm not leaving you completely stranded." She laughed lightly.

"Really?" I beamed. "Thank you, thank you!"

"No problem, sweetheart. Now, should we get hunting?"

__________

Me and my mother were searching a website called Kajiji for small, affordable, nice apartments close enough to here so that I could still get to school, visit home and be near any colleges I'd apply to. Which, in the area, had loads of colleges.

I already got a car for my birthday - a couple months ago - that I didn't use to go to school, because hey, it doesn't hurt to do a little walking right?

We found this one place that looked nice, it was only 15 minutes away, closer to my school than where I was now, and a college right around the corner from it. It looked quite modern and pretty, even had two bedrooms, and it looked light and spacious. Perfect. And, it was even under our budget.

We made an appointment to go view it and I smiled to myself.

I'm starting my own life.

__________________________

short chapters but oh well - this was just a filler I guess. I hope you liked it xx

-sierrah-