forty - one

"Hey baby," Ashton smiled, kissing me softly and sitting next to me.

"Hi." I said shyly, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"What's up? Why'd you need me so urgently?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrow as he intertwined our fingers.

I shrugged, lying, and walking us out of the park I called him to meet me at.

"Just wanted to see you, maybe grab a bite to eat," I lied.

"Oh, okay," he smiled, "wanna go -"

"Let's go to Taco Bell!" I cut him off, lamely lying and over exaggeratedly pulling him out towards the entrance of the park.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" He chuckled, pulling his arm back a bit, giggling. "Why in such a rush?"

"H-Hungry." I continued to lie, knowing I was bad at it.

He looked at me disbelievingly but he stayed silent, swinging our intertwined fingers back and forth and lazily smiling at me.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket and I pulled it out, seeing it was a message from Michael.

From Michael:

Where are you guys? Everyone else is here and confused :$

To Michael:

Give us 5.

"Who's that?" Ashton asked, furrowing his eyebrows, his eyes down to where I just pocketed my phone.

"Oh, um, my friend...Mica, yeah." I stuttered, knowing I was doing a terrible job but whatever.

"Mica?"

"Yeah, My-cah," I bit my lip.

As soon as we are exited the park, I could see Taco Bell only up the street from where we were and I desperately tried going up there as fast as we could.

"You're, uh, really hungry aren't you?" He said, narrowing his eyes suspiciously at me.

I blinked rapidly and looked back at him and shrugged, I kept pulling him till we were finally at the doors to Taco Bell - and then I lead him inside.

"Okay, let's find a -"

"Over here." I cut him off, spotting a large, rounded table with all the others there with confused expressions (except Michael and Caitlin).

"Guys...?" Ashton furrowed his eyebrows as we finally strided up to the table. "Um, what is going on?"

Michael gave me 'the look' and gestured for us to sit in the two empty seats inbetween Caitlin and Luke.

I went over to sit next to Caitlin but she shook her head and shoved me into the one next to Luke, me furrowing my eyebrows.

"So everyone sits next to someone they don't like." She whispered and I nodded.

Ashton awkwardly sat inbetween me and Caitlin, glancing at everyone else at the table who was sitting there awkwardly.

After moments of an awkward silence, Sierrah piped up.

"Okay, what the fuck is going on?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah," Madalena scoffed, "I spend enough time with this neanderthal doing our goddamn Geography project - I don't need to be with him any longer."