nine

"Well, I see you really did take up my offer to come to mine." Ashton winked obnoxiously.

I scoffed and turned away from him, facing the elevator whilst tapping my foot impatiently.

"I live here you nob." I mumbled.

I didn't need his bullshit - yeah, I swore - right now, and I always dreaded being stuck in an elevator ride with him, even if it was just for three minutes.

"Since when?" He asked - I ignored.

I could waste three minutes doing plenty of other useful things - read a page on a book, send a text to one of the girls, listen to half a song - anything, anything other than this please.

What is taking this elevator so long?

I contemplated on whether or not just going up the stairs and getting some exercise, or, just wait patiently like any other normal human being.

It wasn't until Ashton started whistling obnoxiously loud did I feel like I was gonna snap - but never let them know you're weak.

"Can you please stop?" I said through gritted teeth, rolling my eyes.

He scoffed, "Can you stop your face?"

I scrunched my nose up in confusion and looked at him. "That didn't even make sense - was that the best you could do?"

"Shut the fuck up, Schriber." He huffed, crossing his arms and staring at the wall to his side.

"Be nice, Irwin." I mumbled, rolling my eyes and growing extremely impatient with the elevator - I mean, come on, this building only had 10 floors, and for Los Angeles, that was tiny.

"You know what your problem is, Schriber?" Ashton finally snapped, looking over at me.

"Yeah," I scoffed. "It's you."

"No," He shook his head. "It's that you're too nice. You're an easy target."

I kinda froze up at his comment, because it wasn't the first time I've been told that. I've been told that by everyone, and I always listened. I guessed it was true though - I was an easy target to walk all over on because I was nice and I wasn't the type of person to argue back. I kept my ground and I acted the more mature on.

"Well, it doesn't hurt to be nice." I said aloud, sighing afterwards. I didn't need Ashton getting at me, now or anyday.

"No, but it hurts to be walked all over on." He scoffed. I raised my eyebrows at him, why was he giving me advice? Why would he care or not if I got walked all over on?

"How would you even know?" I scoffed - I swear, if there was an Ashton Irwin in this world that was nice, I'd throw up right now because there's no fucking way.

"I'm actually not that bad of a person, Danny." He sighed, keeping his focus on the wall.

Why was he being like this? Why did he call me Danny? Why is Ashton acting weird?

How had he even held a 'conversation' with me without including something sexual in it?

I scoffed in reply, "You're not that great of a one either."

Pang - I guess that must have hurt him someway. It even hurt me to say it, I was never relatively a mean person - I was a pretty nice person.

"I guess you're right." He mumbled disappointedly. "I'm just a fuck up."

And that's when I saw his face fall, he shoved past me and started jogging up the stairs - and it just so happens, the elevators dinged.

And I rode it alone with some regret for company.

___________________

awkwardness am i right or

whAT THE FUCKITY FRICK WHY IS THERE SO MANY BUGS IN THIS COUNTRY - WHY TORONTO WHYYYYYYYY

fucking canadians

-sierrah-