eight

"A...band?"

"Yep, you heard me." I nodded at their shocked faces. "A band called 5 Seconds of Summer."

"No. Fucking. Way." Sierrah squealed excitedly, probably plotting ways to torture them with that information - the type of person she is.

"Are they actually any good?" Madalena - or Maddie preferably - asked me.

I sighed, shifting uncomfortably on the grass. I actually did find them quite good, even if I saw a complete different side of them in that video.

I'll admit, I liked Luke's voice. His voice. Not him - not any of them.

I'm not sure why, but when I saw Ashton as the drummer, I didn't actually find it quite shocking. I thought that the image of drummer fitted him well, an angry asswhole who bangs things for fun. Yup, that screamed Irwin.

What I did find hilarious was their appearences - how long ago was that?

I vaguely remember their fringe stages, let alone Michael with a natural hair colour and not his freakish green colour. They all looked so...skinny and lanky.

Not to mention I certainly don't remember any of them having that type of clothing.

I didn't only watch Teenage Dirtbag, I watched a cover called I Miss You, that didn't have Ashton in it - and hilariously - Michael was on bongos. I also saw one of Luke and his famous ex girlfriend Alison McDonald singing Maroon 5 together. Rumour has it, Luke cheated on her and treated her like dirt. She was only at our school for a while but she was extremely nice - too nice - and way too innocent for big shot Hemmings.

And I also saw a video - one I really liked - called Gotta Get Out. They didn't say who they covered it from, but I loved the lyrics and the beat.

Ew, I liked something they did.

Although knowing the three girls behold me, they weren't gonna not mention it to them; I can imagine Sierrah yelling something teasingly - along with some profanities as always, Madalena would just say something that burned (like always), and Caitlin would...well, try her best. Like always.

They all had little roles in their day to day conversations and situtations. Caitlin was shy, smiley and quiet. Sierrah was quite loud and sweared, a lot. And Madalena was silent but deadly - anything she'd say was sassy and considered a 'burn' and would usually get the boys to back off.

As for me? I had a short patience. I, being as nice and happy as I always am, got annoyed very easily and irritated which would end up in me, somewhat, whining.

"Yeah, yeah, they were alright." I mumbled.

I could practically see them cringe at my response.

"But they were acting all fake, like, they were being nice and sweet and shit." I sighed. "Or maybe it was the fringes talking."

I shrugged before I noticed Sierrah's eyes vividly travel behind me, widening alarmingly and smirking to herself.

"Well, well, well." I heard a familiar voice say from behind me, Ashton.

"If it isn't the oh-so-famous 5 Seconds of Summer." Sierrah smirked.

I turned around just intime to visibly see them all tense up and blush.

"Oh my god," Luke groaned. "You saw our videos?"

"No, not us." Madalena mumbled. "Danny did."

They all (the boys) shot glares at me and huffed.

"Well, I'd appreciate you wouldn't have spilt it all but apparently you can't keep your mouth shut." Michael spat.

"Is that what you said to the whore who was sucking your dick last period, or...?" Madalena sneered, earning 'Ooh's from us and even some snickers from the boys.

"Watch your fucking pot, Steffson." Calum spat.

"Fuck you, Hood."

"Guys, shut the fuck up." Caitlin suddenly said, earning some glances from us.

"Anyways," I rolled my eyes. "Who's song was Gotta Get Out's? You didn't say who you covered it from."

They all shifted uncomfortably and looked at eachother, having some sort if telepathic conversation and then Calum nodded.

"Why?" He said.

"Because..." I mumbled. "I liked it."

I could practically picture Sierrah facepalming from behind me, as she always said; don't complement the boys.

Ashton smirked as strode forward. "You liked it, huh?"

"Well," Luke laughed. "It's our song. Not a cover."

And then all of our jaws dropped open.

"You?" Madalena scoffed. "Have the actual patience to write a song?"

"Fuck off." Calum grumbled.

"Whatever - we don't need this shit. Goodbye." Ashton spat, before turning on his heel and walking away.

_______

I still went, smirking slightly at the response we got from Ashton and the others whilst I made my way home.

I kinda started making assumptions about Ashton's whereabouts when I saw he wasn't here, maybe band practice. Or hanging out at the others houses.

Or, even better, maybe he actually doesn't live here.

I walked into the lobby, my eyes glued to my phone to change the song as I pressed the elevator button blindly, I didn't look up until I heard someone clear their throat.

Ashton Irwin.

________________

DUN DUN DUUUN idk k bye im awkward